Whether you’re a twister or a diehard dunker, you’re going to love this OREO Cookies recipe. Made to look like Santa’s iconic red hat, they are almost too cute to eat. Almost.
Made from OREO Cookies with Candy Cane-flavored Crème—available exclusively at Target stores this holiday season for $2.99—these Christmas cookies are a blissful blend of chocolate, cream cheese, strawberries and a hint of peppermint. Lay them out for Santa, bring them to a holiday cookie exchange or eat ‘em all yourself!
Check out all the wonderful ideas for the holidays at “a bullseye view” from behind the scenes at Target!
Makes 20 cookies
What You’ll Need:
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup thawed frozen whipped topping
- 1 pkg. (10.5 oz.) OREO Cookies with Candy Cane Flavor Crème, available at Target
- 20 fresh strawberries, caps removed
What You’ll Do:
1. Mix cream cheese and sugar in small bowl until blended. Gently stir in whipped topping. Spoon into small plastic bag; cut off 1 corner from bottom of bag.
2. Pipe cream cheese mixture onto cookies. Top with strawberries, bottom-ends up, pressing gently into cream cheese mixture to secure.
3. Pipe remaining cream cheese mixture onto bottom tips of berries.
Tip: Cream cheese mixture can be prepared ahead of time. Spoon into bag as directed, but do not cut corner off bag. Seal bag. Refrigerate up to 2 days before using as directed.