These charming Chick-A-Tea Sandwiches are fun appetizers for the younger set at your spring celebrations. Place a platter at the children’s Easter Buffet Table and offer to the kids along with a beverage upon their arrival, ensuring they have eaten something before they get to go play and hop around.
- Sandwich bread
- Yellow American cheese
- Icing/Small dark round candies
- Shredded lettuce.
- Make cheese sandwiches.
- Using an egg shaped cookie cutter, cut out sandwiches. Depending on the size of your bread and your cookie cutter, you may be able to cut out two egg-shaped sandwiches from each sandwich.
- Remove the top of each egg-shaped sandwich and cut in half with a zig zag pattern to look like a cracked egg. Replace bread on sandwich.
- Peel and slice carrots. Using a knife cut out triangles for the nose.
- Decorate chick’s face with carrot nose and eyes.
- If not serving immediately, place a damp paper towel over sandwiches and refrigerate to keep bread from getting hard.
- Serve on a bed of shredded lettuce.