If your little one want’s to celebrate their birthday Cowboy or Cowgirl style this year, try featuring Cowhide Cupcakes-In-A-Jar.
These will hit the sweet spot and are a clever way to serve a cupcake – no crumbs or mess because you eat it with a spoon. They are delicious and the kids will love the unique presentation. Mixing chocolate cake and icing in the jar gives the appearance of cowhide, as a nod to the cowboy/cowgirl theme of your party!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (+ ingredients indicated on box recipe)
- 6 large cans prepared frosting (3 vanilla/3 chocolate fudge)
- 24 jelly jars (canning jars)
- 1 bag Hershey’s Heath English Toffee Bits
- Prepare cake mix according to box recipe. Grease liberally 2 regular size muffin tins (you will not be using cupcake liners). Fill wells 3/4 of the way full with cake batter. Bake at specified temperature and for specified time according to cupcake baking instructions indicated on the box
- When thoroughly cool, begin assembly. Cut each cupcake horizontally in half. Place each bottom half directly in the bottom of each jar (they are a perfect fit). Scoop 2 spoonfuls of frosting on top of each bottom half. Then insert top half of cupcake (note: the tops are larger than the bottom so you’ll need to delicately work the top piece into the jar). Again, scoop 2 spoonfuls of frosting on top. Sprinkle with toffee bits. Decorate with cowboy hat cupcake toppers ( you can find a variety on Etsy.com)