Here’s a birthday party activity for the kids. Have tons of fun, keep them busy, and create a sweet treat to eat when you’re finished!
The Handstand Kids Baking Around the World Cookbook Kit! For more details visit the site at handstandkids.com>
The kit is packaged in a baking box with a set of four silicone baking cups and a child-friendly whisk, the Baking Cookbook kit introduces kid chefs ages 3 to 12 to the world of baking. Delicious and healthy recipes like All-American Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies, PB&J Cupcakes, and Mexican Chocolate Cake will take your little chef around the world through your own kitchen. The recipes are leveled from 1 to 4 cupcakes so you will know the age appropriate level for your little chef.
Here’s a fun recipe from the Cookbook Kit to try out with your kids!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20 standard ice cream cones (with flat bottoms)
- Sundae toppings (sprinkles, chocolate sauce, cherries)
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 2 mixing bowls
- Electric or hand mixer
- Rubber spatula
- Baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Place the butter and sugar in another mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add one egg and beat on low speed to combine. Add the second egg and vanilla and beat on low speed to combine.
- Slowly add some of the flour mixture and then some of the milk and beat until just combined. Then add the rest of the flour and milk, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula and beating until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the ice cream cones, just up to the stem of the cone, as the batter will rise.
- Place the cones on a baking sheet and carefully place in the over for approximately 20 minutes.
- Let the cones cool for 15 minutes and then frost with Butter Cream Frosting and top with sprinkles, chocolate sauce, or even a cherry to look like an ice cream sundae! Make your own creation to share!