This post is an excerpt from Evite Gatherings promotion and is sponsored.
Give kids a thrill this Halloween with this fun and functional favor!
It’s super easy to make this favor for kids to wear while trick-or-treating. The cute monsters are “hairy not scary”, and glow when it gets dark. If you love this idea, come check out our entire Party Bluprint for a “Monstar Mash” inside the NEW Evite Gatherings digital magazine – just click below to view.
Pom-Pom Monster Glow Stick Necklaces Tutorial
- 1 Pkg. (12) Purple Light Stick Necklaces
- Assorted colors of yarn (purple, lime green, orange)
- Wilton Candy Eyeballs
- Elmer’s CraftBond® Glue Spots
- 1” x 4” piece of heavy cardboard
- Cut a 1” x 4” piece of thick cardboard (you can use cake mix box). Fold piece of cardboard in half lengthwise. Cut a 12” piece of yarn and place in folded cardboard.
- Wrap yarn around cardboard about 150-200 times depending on thickness of yarn.
- Pull the 12” piece of yarn from the ends tightly up and around the mound of wrapped yarn and tie as tightly as possible. Use sharp pointed scissors to cut the yarn on both sides of the cardboard. (Hint: Cut in layers as the wrapped yarn is too thick to cut in one shot.) Holding the pom-pom by the two long strings, fluff up the yarn and trim the longer yarns of the pom-pom to form a ball. Note: Do not cut the two ends of the long yarn you used to tie pom-pom as you will use these to tie pom-pom to light stick.
- Attach eyes using Elmer’s CraftBond® Glue Spots.
- String the ribbon included in the package through the top of the light stick and tie near end of string to create a necklace.
- Tie the pom-pom onto the top of the light stick and trim ends of tie. Optional: Anchor the pom-pom to top of light stick with an Elmer’s CraftBond® Glue Spot to further stabilize.
- Have fun giving each favor its own personality, making them all Monstars.
- Remember to activate light sticks before heading out to Trick-or-Treat.