Here is an idea for Hanukkah that celebrates the festival lights in the sweetest way! I love this delicious dessert idea and it can double as the centerpiece for a kids table.
Visit the brightideas.com site for more simple and special ways to entertain!
Eight Nights Of Light Cupcakes
Prep Time: 10 min.
Bake Time: 24 min.
Decoration Time: 10 min.
Yield: Makes 24 cupcakes.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 can (16 oz.) vanilla frosting
- Blue and yellow food coloring
- White candy glitter
- 24 pieces TWIX® Brand Caramel Cookie Bar Minis
- 24 pieces M&M’S® Brand Peanut Chocolate Candies
- 2 12-cup cupcake pans
- Cupcake liners
- Prepare cake batter according to directions on box. Fill paper lined cupcake cups with 2/3 cup of batter. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for approximately 21 to 24 minutes. Cool completely.
- Tint 1/2 cup frosting yellow, set aside. Tint remaining frosting blue and cover the cupcakes. Sprinkle frosting with candy glitter.
- Press one TWIX® Brand Caramel Cookie Bar Minis, standing straight up, into the center of each cup. Dot the top of each TWIX® Brand Caramel Cookie Bar Minis with yellow frosting and attach a yellow M&M’S® Brand Peanut Chocolate Candies.
- Arrange nine cupcakes into a line, creating a menorah. Lift the center (fifth in line) cupcake slightly.