Recipe and Image from Pillsbury– visit for more ideas!
With Halloween on a Saturday, the trick or treating may go on all day. Sugar overload is inevitable, so start the day off on the right foot! Here is a cute and clever idea for lunch that should give the kids some energy and get them excited for Halloween!
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet
- 44 cocktail-size smoked link sausages (from a 1-lb package)
- 1/2 cup creamy Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Line two 15x10x1-inch pans with cooking parchment paper.
2. On work surface, roll dough sheet out to 14×11-inch rectangle. Cut vertically to make two 11×7-inch rectangles. Cut crosswise into total of 44 (7×1/2-inch) strips. Pat sausages dry with paper towels.
3. Wrap 1 strip of dough around each sausage to look like a little mummy; press firmly at each end to secure. Place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart for even browning.
4. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix mustard and oregano. Serve sausages warm with mustard dip.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.