Take your naked veggies skinny dipping!
Summer is here and fresh vegetables are in abundance. Before dinner, as a pool side snack or packed up in a picnic basket, ‘naked” veggies are a perfect way to satisfy friends and family when you host. Tomatoes, cucumbers, green, yellow and red peppers, carrots, broccoli, celery – you like it, it works and the more variety the better.
To add something really special to your vegetable plate, try Green Goddess Dressing. I love it and so do my kids – it gets them dipping and eating their veggies! Note: I omit the anchovy paste, which is included in the traditional Green Goddess recipe.
Green Goddess Dressing Recipe (without the anchovy)
- 1 cup Hellmann’s® Mayonnaise Dressing with Olive Oil – $1 OFF coupon>
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic (2 cloves)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Add mayonnaise, scallions, basil, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper to a blender and blend on low until smooth.
- Add sour cream to mixture and whisk in until thoroughly blended.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.