We write about food all the time here at The Party Bluprints Blog, it’s one of the joys of life and it brings family and friends together. As we consider special ways to celebrate with food, there are so many, especially children, who just don’t get enough of it each day! When I lay in bed at night, thinking of a new post to write or a special dinner to serve, the thought of children going to bed hungry breaks my heart. With the resources we have in this country, this should not happen to any child. Please read below about the concerning changes to legislation that will result in more children going hungry at the end of the each day. There are 4 simple ways you can help stop this from happening. I have already done 3 and can assure you they will only take a few minutes of your time. Please help and share the message with your friends and family.
Tell Congress: Protect Federal Nutrition Programs in the Farm Bill
Members of Congress are working to reauthorize the Farm Bill, legislation that provides funding for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as food stamps, and for the SNAP education program.
Drastic cuts to SNAP are on the table in the Farm Bill and nearly half of all SNAP participants are children. If Congress cuts funding for this poverty relieving program, it will affect millions of children and families, leaving them even more vulnerable to hunger.
Will you take action on behalf of those children right now? Here are four things you can do:
1. Send a message urging your members of Congress to protect SNAP from devastating cuts.
2. Submit a letter to the editor of your local newspaper, calling attention to this issue.
3. If you are one of the millions of Americans who has used SNAP or food stamp benefits to help feed you and your family, please share your story.
4. Recruit your friends to take action on this issue by sending them this link and posting these messages on your Facebook and Twitter.
It’s easy, just click on the buttons below to help spread the word!
- Join me in urging Congress to protect our nation’s most vulnerable kids. Find out how at nokidhungry.org/farmbill >
- Urge Congress to #ProtectSNAP and make @NoKidHungry. Take action: nokidhungry.org/farmbill >
Thank You – Dawn and Elizabeth!