Making Tissue Paper Flowers is a fun activity for the kids. This Mother’s Day, engage your little ones or even big ones by making a bouquet or centerpiece for Mother’s Day.
It is important for kids to feel like they have participated and have a gift for Mom. Buy tissue paper and pipe cleaners and make your own or try these from Martha Stewart below (recommended for older kids and fun for adults too!) The results are beautiful and they last a lot longer than real flowers!
For the little ones here are some instructions from: Kids National Geographic
YOU WILL NEED
- Tissue paper
- Pipe cleaner
- Optional: Scissors
1. Place four to six pieces of tissue paper on a hard surface.
2. Fold all of the pieces together like an accordion.
3. Tie the center of the folded paper with a pipe cleaner.
4. Gently pull each piece of paper towards the top center of the flower, separating each sheet of paper from the others and forming the petals of the flower.
5. Repeat steps one through four to create more flowers.
Tissue Paper Flowers Kit by Martha Stewart
Create lifelike tissue paper flowers using this kit. Use as centerpieces, bridal bouquets, favor box toppers or fancy napkin rings.
- Create lifelike tissue paper flowers with this kit
- Use as centerpieces, bridal bouquets, favor box toppers or fancy napkin ring
- Easy-to-follow instructions