A cool gift for the college-bound!
Stay connected with friends and roommates by leaving “status updates” on your dorm room door. Craft a decorative board for your door, along with hanging miniature signs, each with a different “status” – learning, dining, dishing, snoozing, etc., and update status each time you head out. House unused “status signs” in the Command™ Clear Caddy attached to the board.
- 1 – 12” x 12” stretched canvas frame
- 1 – 14” x 14” square of patterned contact paper
- 6 Hanging label holders
- 6 ribbons, 18” L (use a variety of colors, patterns, types of 3/8” – 1/2” wide ribbons)
- Painted wood letters
- Stock paper
- Label inserts – free printables here>
- 1 – Command™ Clear Medium Caddy
- 1 – Command™ Clear Medium Hook
- 1 – pkg. Command Large Picture Hanging Strips
- Cover canvas frame with contact paper.
- Glue on letters to create name.
- Attach Command™ Clear Caddy and Medium Hook to front.
- Print labels and insert in tags. (Label inserts – free printables here>)
- String ribbons through tags, tying with a loop and finishing with a bow.
- Use Command™ Picture Hanging Strips to affix canvas to door.
- Fill caddy with tags.
Note: Follow the Command™ damage-free, stress release technology package instructions when it’s time to remove from the door.
Disclosure: We were paid to develop ideas using Command™ Brand Clear products. We were not compensated for for this blog post and have adapted the images from 3M for our readers.