Dads do so much these days and really deserve a day to be celebrated. One of the best ways I can think of to give Dad his due, is to pamper him and give him a day of rest and relaxation! Start off with breakfast in bed, this should not just be reserved for Mother’s Day. No alarm clock ringing, no train to catch or commuter traffic to fight, no stress. As an afternoon treat, set Dad up with an Arnold Palmer (virgin or spike, his preference) and a hammock or quiet place to relax and have a nap. Men love the simple pleasures and enjoy being pamper just like us girls. Skip the tie this year and give him some R&R.
Take it from the man himself, Arnold Palmer, this is the perfect Father’s Day cocktail.
- 5 oz Lemonade
- 5 oz Iced Tea
Combine ingredients in a highball or tall glass with ice, stir and enjoy
Spiked Arnold Palmer
Inspired by a cocktail from Lure bar
- 1 cup packed mint leaves, chopped
- 2/3-cup sugar
- 1-cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup freshly brewed tea, chilled
- 1 1/2 cups vodka
- Crushed ice for serving
- Fresh mint springs, optional for garnish
- Combine chopped mint and sugar in a large bowl or pitcher.
- Stir in lemon juice, iced tea, and vodka.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- Fill six 6-8 ounce festive glasses with crushed ice. Pour mixture over. Garnish with mint and lemon springs.
This beautiful painting above is by Carol Nepperly