7 Freezer Hacks & Tips for Easy Entertaining
Your freezer can be an indispensable tool when it comes to party planning. Here are a few hacks and tips to ease your mind and efforts when it comes to entertaining.
- Store a permanent marker near your freezer and mark everything you freeze with a date — if it’s not in its original package, also mark with a name so you can identify it at a later date. One of my favorites to freeze is ½ cup containers of homemade tomato sauce so I always have sauce on hand for Homemade Pizza and we can host Pizza Night.
- For an easy and “mess-free” ice cream bar, pre-scoop ice cream onto parchment lined baking sheet and deep freeze. Just before opening your pre-set ice cream bar, add in ice cream.
- The day before a party, empty your ice cubes into gallon size plastic bags. While you use your stash of ice cubes to replenish your ice bucket, your ice machine will have made a fresh supply of ice and you can mix up Caipirinhas all day long. If you don’t have an ice maker, grab your ice cube trays and get going a few days in advance of your party.
- Peel, pack and freeze bananas as they are bordering on “over ripeness” (catch them before you have to throw them out) for future use in Banana Love Muffins and/or Berry Smoothies, which come in handy when hosting overnight guests or brunches.
- Stock a main meal such as a spiral ham, hamburgers, or Italian sausage in your freezer along with a variety of frozen fries (we love the sweet potato, crinkle and rosemary Alexia fries) and a frozen dessert (we love Whoopie Pies) and you have everything you need to serve guests a satisfying meal.
- Post-party, instead of discarding unfinished bottles of wine, pour leftover wine into ice cube trays and freeze for use in recipes such as Braised Ribs & Risotto and Chicken Cacciatore.
- Keep a variety of Alexia French Fries in the freezer so you can whip up a French Fry Tasting Bar for a fun snack over cocktails. Tasting Bars create an opportunity to get guests snacking and sharing. Offer condiments (ketchup, mustard, barbecue sauce, ranch dressing) sauces and/or and dips, like Buffalo Sauce, Tzatziki Sauce, Broccoli & Cheese Dip, and you’ve got the ultimate French Fry Bar.
If you like these we have more to share! We have also joined Alexia Foods and some of our favorite Food and Lifestyle Experts for a prize packed Pin Party showcasing the coolest freezer hacks, tips and tricks as well as pins dedicated to healthy freezer meals. You can see these by visiting Coraynne Ettienne, Tonya Staab and Nutmeg Nanny online, and by following the tag #AlexiaFreezerLove on social media. Corayanne also has an informative video at AOL where she shares fantastic tips on how to save money by stocking your freezer, click here to watch.
Then join in on a prize packed Pin Party with Alexia Foods!
When: February 23rd, 2016
Time: 8pm – 9pm EST
Where: Pinterest and Twitter tag #AlexiaFreezerLove on the #AlexiaFreezerLove Board.
Prizes: Alexia Foods will be gifting (4) four $100 Visa Gift Cards during the Pinning Party to 4 lucky winners chosen at random from those participants following the rules and regulations.
How To: Joining a Pinning Party is as easy as following the party board and the hosts, then popping on to Pinterest to watch the party pins populate live during the party hour. By following the board and the hosts, you will see all the party themed pins as they are populated and be able to engage live with everyone else at the party by leaving comments on the party pins, re-pinning the pins that inspire you and sharing your favorite pins on Facebook and Twitter. During the party, 4 prize pins will appear that look like graphic question pins. For a chance to win one of the four prizes, leave a comment on the prize pins with your answer to the questions asked. Remember not to over comment too much in a short space of time, it may flag you as a spammer so keep your comments limited to one every 3-4 minutes. Can’t make the party hour? Don’t worry, the beauty of a Pinning Party is that the pins are there for you to review long after the party ends so you can still capture all of the inspiration even if you can’t make the party.
Rules & Regulations: Prizes are open to US residents over the age of 18. Winners will be selected at random from the comments left on the prize pins, and announced following the Pinning party by @CoryanneEttiene. Winners will be sent a private Pin message to notify them of their win so please be sure to follow @CoryanneEttiene to keep the communication lines open. Winners will be asked to supply their full name, address and emil address so that Alexia Foods can contact them to fulfill the prizes. No purchase necessary, void where prohibited. For a full list of rules and regulations, contact Ettiene Media LLC. This Pinning Party is not associated with Pinterest and is an independent joint venture between the representative parties of Alexia Foods and Ettiene Media LLC.
Disclaimer: Party Bluprints Inc. has partnered with Alexia Foods and has been compensated for this post. All thoughts and opinions are expressly are our own.