While many may focus on cleaning their clothes closets this spring, strike out in a different direction and clean out your kitchen cabinets. Inventory your items and then restock them so you’re ready for some Spring Entertaining – consider the contents your “tools” for entertaining.
Ask yourself questions like these as part of your inventory process:
- Do I have the right tools to make entertaining easy?
- What are my “lifesaver” tools I simply must have when cooking and entertaining?
- Are they in good working condition?
- Do I have items that are simply collecting dust and taking up space?
- What tools would make my life easier when entertaining?
- When cooking and entertaining, do you think to yourself, I really could use x, y, z? If so, get them.
Tip: Use what you have and be smart in buying what you need. When you can, purchase items that are multi-purpose (i.e., white dishes, stemless wine glasses, serving dishes – you can serve anything in/on them and they look great on any table, during any season, with any décor).
- Keep what you need and remove what you don’t.
- Donate, repair or throw it out if it’s not in good working condition. This will free up much needed space so you can have easy access to the items you use.
- Inventory essential items you have and list those you need.
- Prioritize items and purchase them as you can.
- See our Essentials Checklists (we call it our “Toolbox”) in our book, “Plan to Party”, for our Inventory List and use it as a reference tool for creating your own.
This is a great opportunity to get organized for entertaining – if you have what you need, where you need it, you’ll feel much less stressed and more inclined to entertain.
Cheers To Entertaining!