The image above is a picture of my three boys eight years ago. Time flies and so does Christmas – STOP and enjoy it with them!
The hustle and bustle of the holiday season can easily drown out its meaning. To keep your focus on what’s important, you need only to spend some time with children. For many children, Christmas is the most magical time of year. As adults, we need to remember to slow down, and enjoy every minute we can with them. The magic is contagious, I promise.
If you need a few ideas for activities to do with your kids, below are 20 for celebrating Christmas kid-style.
1. Host A Candy Coated Christmas Party – from Celebrations At Home>
2. Make a FUN Holiday Photo Booth – from Paper and Cake>
4. Host a Twas the Night Before Christmas Brunch for Kids (the brunch hours are the best to host kids) – Hostess With The Mostess>
5. Eat milk and cookies together – Hostess With The Mostess>
6. Make Christmas cards, crafts or just color together- Hostess With The Mostess>
7 . Host a Grinch That Stole Christmas Kids Party – Deliciously Darling Events>
8. Bake and decorate Santa Cookies – Pillsbury.com>
9. Make Kids their own special party appetizers – recipe here>
10. Watch a Christmas Special ABC Family has one every night!
11. Read THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS – online here>
12. Make the manger with Joseph, Mary and baby Jesus together – MakesandTakes.com>
13. Make a Gift Card Snow Globe – The Creative Mama>
13. Enjoy Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows.
14. Make cute Nutcracker Cupcakes – JeanneBenedict.com>
15. Make your own Jingle Bell Ribbon Rings – MakesandTakes >
16. Sing Christmas carols with your Jingle Bell Ribbon Rings! Find the words to many carols online here>
17. Make Ice Cream Sandwich Waffles for Dinner! – recipe>
18. Make a “Kissletoe”, the kids get such a kick out of this idea! – recipe here>
19. Take the kids for a drive to look at the Christmas Lights in your town.
20. Let the kids help bake and decorate a Happy Birthday Jesus Cake (kids love birthday parties and Christmas is Jesus’s birth date!) – I love the post and image from We Got us A Family Here>