Three CHEERS for Mayim Bialik! It’s her third consecutive Emmy nomination for her role as Amy Farrah Fowler, in the comedy hit series Big Bang Theory. You know what they say about the 3rd time – fingers crossed it is the charm! The Big Bang Theory is nominated for several other Emmys this year, and we love a show that makes us laugh. So in honor of the show and Mayim, who is down to earth and lovely in person, we are sharing a Gluten Free and Vegan treat to eat while rooting them both on this year. See our Bialik Big Bang Bites below!
Mayim is not only an actress, she has a PhD in neuroscience, is a mom, and wrote her own cookbook this year: Mayim’s Vegan Table. In it she shares more than 100 easy plant-based recipes for dishes that are as good to eat as they are good for you!
Bialik Big Bang Bites
Makes a dozen spring rolls, perfect for noshing on while watching the show this year. The EMMY’s airs Monday August 25th at 8pm on NBC
Prep Time: 45 minutes – Refrigerate: 30 minutes
- 3 single-serve packages (2 ounces each) Thai Kitchen® Red Rice Noodles
- 12 round rice paper wrappers (8 1/2-inch)
- 2 large red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 3/4 cup thin carrots
- 3/4 cup thin strips of red cabbage
- 2 medium avocados, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
- Thai Kitchen® Spicy Thai Mango Dipping Sauce, for dipping
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Remove from heat. Add Red Rice Noodles, stirring to separate noodles. Let stand 5 minutes or until noodles are tender but firm. Drain well. Place in large bowl with cold water. Separate noodles fully. Set aside.
- To assemble Spring Rolls, fill 9-inch pie plate with warm water. For each spring roll, dip 1 rice paper wrapper in water to wet completely. Place on work surface. Blot dry with paper towel. Place 1/3 cup drained rice noodles in bottom third of rice paper. Layer with 4 bell pepper strips, 8 cucumber strips, 1 tablespoon carrot and red cabbage, 2 avocado slices, 1/2 teaspoon cilantro and 1 teaspoon peanuts. Fold in sides, then gently roll tightly to enclose filling. Place spring roll on platter or tray. Cover with damp paper towels and plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining rice paper wrappers and filling ingredients to make 12 spring rolls.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours. Serve with Dipping Sauce.