Today’s post is in honor of Alexandra Mascali’s Birthday. Ally adds so much here at the blog with her beautiful photos, big heart and helping hands. Happy Birthday Ally we LOVE YOU!
- 2 boxes cake mix (+ ingredients listed on box)
- 2 cans dark chocolate fudge frosting
- white sprinkles
- 32 2 ½” x 1” pieces of paper
- 2 cake pop sticks
- Prepare 2 13” x 9” cakes according to instructions. Allow to cool thoroughly. (You can prepare day or two in advance, cover and freeze.)
- Place one cake top down centered on pretty tray (or you can simple cover a large cutting board with tin foil.) Insert strips of wax or parchment paper under cake so any excess frosting can be removed easily. Frost with one can of frosting.
- Place second cake right side up on top of frosted cake. Frost.
- Stand slips of paper in chevron pattern as pictured – this will act as a channel for the sprinkles to create chevron pattern.
- Pour sprinkles into plastic sandwich bag. Cut off bottom corner of bag and pipe sprinkles into chevron channel. Do not overfill. Using your finger, press sprinkles down. Remove papers.
- Pipe sprinkles around base of cake. Before removing wax paper from base of cake tilt it up toward cake and press excess sprinkles into base.
- Create banner – create banner message in word document. Print and cut out banner. Tape ends to sticks, roll in sticks to adjust length of banner and tape again. Insert banner in cake.