Disclosure: Party Bluprints has partnered with Aladdin PMI to develop entertaining tips and ideas.
DIY Dessert in a Jar Bar – Easy as 1, 2, 3!
Create a DIY dessert station for guests to mix and match toppings in charming mason cups. Use our dessert station as inspiration to create your own in a few easy steps. It’s perfect for adults’ and children’s hands and a must for outdoor entertaining!
- Pick your base – we love pound cake as it compliments the flavors of all our toppings.
- Select a variety of fun and fresh toppings – fresh berries, lemon curd (homemade recipe below) , raspberry coulis, whipped cream and shaved white chocolate.
- Presentation – prep your station by placing your cubed pound cake in these charming Aladdin Mason Cups and display at your station. Right before dessert time add refrigerated topping to your display.
For our dessert we choose the Aladdin 16oz Classic Mason To-Go Cups as the jar. They are perfect for indoor and outdoor entertaining and are safe poolside too. We love that they are made with durable Eastman® Tritan™ – which means it won’t crack, break or stain! They are dishwasher safe and BPA Free. Available online and at Walmart stores nationwide.
Homemade Lemon Curd
- 4 large egg yolks
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup grated lemon zest (approx. 5 lemons)
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (approx. 4 lemons)
- 6 tbsp. salted butter, room temperature
- Heat a medium saucepan filled with just a few inches of water to a simmer. Reduce heat to low-medium so water is kept at just a simmer.
- Combine all ingredients except the butter in a glass mixing bowl that fits on top of your saucepan – the bottom of the bowl should not touch the water. Whisk constantly for 7-10 minutes until yolks start to thicken. Then, remove bowl from saucepan and stir in butter, 1 tbsp. at a time until melted and fully incorporated.
- Place a fine-mesh strainer over a bowl and pour your mixture through the strainer. Using the back of a mixing spoon, press contents through sieve so that the only thing remaining in the serve are the solids (lemon peel.)
- Place a piece of plastic wrap right on top of the lemon curd to prevent developing a skin. Cover and refrigerate for a few hours.