We have a wonderful way to show your attitude of gratitude this Thanksgiving. Create and display a DIY “Give Thanks” Tree – it’s a fun activity for your holiday guests, especially the little ones; and it’s a festive decoration for your celebration!
- Invite children to gather skinny sticks and twigs from your yard or park with no leaves; you’ll need a bunch to create your Thanksgiving Tree.
- Once you have collected enough, lay them out on the floor to create the shape of a tree.
- When you have a shape you like, transfer it to an empty wall space in your home – we used an existing built-in bookcase here and simply removed the shelves creating an alcove.
- Adhere each branch to the wall using Command™ Brand Clear Fridge Clips.
- Then, place pre-cut “leaves” made from colored construction paper near the tree and invite the family (and/or guests at your Thanksgiving celebration) to write what they’re thankful for on each leaf.
- Finish off your “Thanksgiving” Tree by attaching the leaves to the wall with Command™ Brand Clear Fridge Clips. You can use one clip for a couple of leaves. This will create a full and colorful tree that shows your attitude of gratitude!
Note: After the holiday, remove the clips from the wall and follow the Command™ damage-free, stress release technology package and send them home as favors.
Be sure to visit Command.com and Follow Command™ Brand on Twitter and like the Command™ Brand Facebook page for the latest news and deals!
Disclosure: We were paid to develop ideas using Command™ Brand Clear products. We were not compensated for for this blog post and have adapted the images from 3M for our readers.