Warmer weather is here and it’s time to enjoy the outdoors with friends and family. Summer entertaining should fun for everyone including the host. Here are a few tips on how get together with less no stress and mess.
- Host at home by the pool or host a get-together by the lake or at the beach. The water and sun is all you really need for a pretty party setting.
- Add over-sized balloons for party decor. They’re a simple way to add a special touch if your celebrating a birthday, graduation, or other milestone event. Gerbera daisies are another simple way to add a pop of color and a happy summer vibe
- Keep it simple and special by serving chilled white wine. Our pick is Santa Margherita – it pairs perfectly with many summer menu options. White wine is so versatile it can be used in summery wine spritzers or sangria to give guests options for cocktails, without stocking a full bar.
- Serve shrimp on the barbie with veggies. Shrimp pairs perfectly with Pinot Grigio and cooks quickly. This keeps you out of the kitchen and minimizes grilling time, allowing you to enjoy the party. Use our recipe below and prepare packets ahead of time so that all you need to do is pop them on the grill. Serve with fresh baked bread and you’ll have a meal that’s worthy of guests. It’s that simple!
Easy Shrimp & Veggies On The Grill
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 doz. large uncooked, deveined shrimp
- 2 cups mixed vegetables
- In glass measuring cup, combine oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place shrimp and vegetables in an airtight plastic container. Pour oil mixture over shrimp and veggies, gently stir until combined. Cover and refrigerate while preheating grill (preheat on medium-high heat.)
- Tear 2 – 12” lengths of heavy-duty aluminum foil, place on counter and spoon ½ of shrimp and veggie mixture on each. Create foil packets by folding the ends of foil over one another. Then do same with sides. Make sure that packets are tightly sealed to avoid oil from leaking.
- Place packets in middle of grill, close top and allow to cook for 10-12 minutes, or until shrimp are opaque and veggies are hot.
- Remove packets from grill and carefully release steam from end of each packet.
© 2014 Party Bluprints Inc., All Rights Reserved