Playing in the snow, playing ice hockey, and sledding are good old fashioned and fun winter activities, which call for classic hot cocoa.
To make the fun last longer, invite family and friends in from the cold for a Hot Cocoa Party. With the tips below you can put this party together in 30 minutes – simple and special is the recipe for this gathering celebrating the season!
So go ahead and invite them in!
HOSTING A HOT COCOA PARTY is EASY as 1,2,3!
- Set up a DIY Hot Cocoa Bar with mugs, cocoa and Chocolate Mint covered Marshmallows (recipes below).
- Invite guests to add cocoa to their mug, stir in hot water and swirl in their chocolatey minty marshmallow.
- Serve a fun snack like our Snowman on a Stick that doubles as an activity for younger children (recipe below.)
Snowman on a Stick is the perfect sweet treat for a Hot Cocoa Party. See instructions at the bottom of this post.
Chocolate Mint covered Marshmallows can be eaten like a lollipop or swirled into the hot cocoa. See instructions at the bottom of this post.
EASY HOT COCOA PARTY RECIPES
Chocolate Mint covered Marshmallows (makes 12)
- 12 marshmallows
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8.5 oz. pkg. Andes Creme De Menthe Thins candy
- 12 mint and white striped straw
- Line a rimmed cookie sheet with wax/parchment paper, set aside.
- Insert straws into middle of marshmallows, place on lined baking sheet.
- Finely chop candies on cutting board. Set aside.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips in glass bowl at 30-second intervals in the microwave, stirring well between intervals until melted.
- Dip marshmallow in chocolate, twirl until covered halfway. Immediately roll in chopped candies. Place on lined baking sheet.
- Repeat process until all marshmallows are complete.
- Allow to set at least one hour.
Snowman on a Stick (makes 1)
- 3 powdered doughnut holes
- mint and white striped paper straw
- edible colored markers (black and orange)
- Red Licorice wheel
- Mini pretzel sticks
- Skewer doughnut holes on to top of straw.
- Decorate snowman with edible markers.
- Unroll licorice wheel and wrap between first and second doughnut hole to create scarf.
- Insert pretzel sticks to create arms.
Note: You can use these materials and a few extras like Mint truffle Hershey’s Kisses to build an edible snowman centerpiece ahead of time for your party.