The summer is unofficially over and this recipe makes me happy about fall’s arrival. Chocolate, Cabernet and pumpkin are a pretty happy trio!
Here’s a recipe for a fall treat that incorporates a trio of amazing flavors: Valrhona chocolate, pumpkin and Cabernet Sauvignon. The recipe comes from Kenwood Vineyards and “Wine Country” magazine – hope you enjoy!
Chocolate Pumpkin Truffles
- 2 ½ cup vanilla wafer, crushed
- 1 cup toasted almonds, ground
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 6 oz. Valrhona chocolate, melted
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup Kenwood Vineyards Sonoma County Cabernet Sauvignon
- ¼ cup powdered sugar (for dusting truffles)
- In a saucepan, bring the cabernet to a boil and reduce down by 2/3.
- Set aside to cool. Combine wafer crumbs, almonds, ½ cup powdered sugar and cinnamon.
- Blend in chocolate, pumpkin and reduced wine.
- Form 1 inch balls.
- Chill completely and then dust with remaining powdered sugar before serving.
Makes 3 doz. Truffles