Apples aren’t only for the teacher, kids and parents love them too. Try these Caramel Apples at your net party, get-together, or family gathering – they are easy and fun to make and delicious to eat!
Caramel Apples – (Makes 6)
- 6 small Granny Smith apples
- 1 – 14 oz. pkg. individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 2 Tbs. milk
- Crushed toffee candy or sprinkles (optional)
- 6 wooden craft sticks
- Wash and dry apples. Remove the stem from each apple and insert a stick into the top of each apple.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed or parchment paper.
- Place caramels and milk in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave for 1 minute and stir.
- Continue to heat for another minute, and stir until the caramel is smooth.
- Holding apple by stick, spoon melted caramel over apple, rotating until fully coated. Repeat process with remaining apples.
- Optional: place crushed toffee candy, sprinkles or other candy in a bowl and roll the caramel coated apples in it.
- Place apples, stick side up, on the baking sheet and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes. Once set, loosely cover with plastic wrap, enjoy within two days.