Simple and special is what we are all about at The Partybluprints Blog. So here’s an idea for you. When the sun goes down and the stars light up, invite neighbors, friends and family over for a simple party. Host an ice cream social before heading to the fireworks show. A real FIRE and ICE celebration for the 4th! In addition to or in place of an ice cream sundae bar you can serve this Patriotic Ice Cream Flag Cake . I found the e
asy and affordable recipe at Breyers.com. Set out a self-serve table, with ice cream, topping and of course some sparklers for the kids! Keep it simple and make it special. No breaking the bank or your back to host some fun this Fourth of July. PS: I’m going to host this at the our place this coming weekend. I want to stay on the beach as long as possible so hosting a ‘full on’ BBQ is out – but I can’t resist this more petite take on a patriotic party!
Breyers Ice Cream Flag Cake
Makes 24 ServingsPrep Time: 15 minute(s)Freeze Time: 2 hour(s)
- 2 containers (1.5 qt. ea.) Breyers® Chocolate Ice Cream and/or Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream, divided
- 4 cups assorted sliced fresh fruit
- 1 can (7 oz.) whipped cream or 2 cups thawed frozen whipped topping
- 50 fresh blueberries
- 2 pints raspberries or 1 quart strawberries, sliced
- Cut cartons from Breyers® Chocolate Ice Cream with scissors. Arrange Ice Cream on its side, then cut each lengthwise into 4 slices.
- Arrange 4 Ice Cream slices in 13 X 9-inch baking dish, pressing to form an even layer. Top with assorted fruit, then remaining 4 Ice Cream slices, pressing to form an even layer. Cover and freeze at least 2 hours or until ready to serve.
- Top with whipped cream, smoothing with spatula just before serving. Arrange berries in flag pattern, with blueberries in upper left corner and 7 raspberry “stripes”.
Cost per recipe*: $23.01.
Cost per serving*: $0.96.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.