Here is a very special way to serve a crowd without spending a fortune. A Gilded Baked Potato Bar will make a great impression on your guests and at the same time fill their tummies! Below is a DIY video with instructions and suggested toppings.
Put out a Gilded Baked Potato Bar at your next celebration, you won’t believe how easy it is! I love it for:
- A Golden Globes Viewing Party
- Oscar Night Party, as a nod to the little gold man
- Tween Birthday Parties for a Build Your Own Hot Potato
- Golden Anniversaries ( use regular foil for Silver Anniversaries)
- Meatless option for vegetarian guests
- Feeding a crowd on a tight budget
Decadent Gilded Baked Potato Bar (Serves 10) – Using baked potatoes swathed in gold foil, each guest can fashion their own potato with fancy hand-selected special toppings.
- 10 large baking potatoes
- Olive/vegetable/canola/corn oil (whatever you have in your pantry)
- Coarse grain salt/kosher salt
- Cracked pepper
- Gold aluminum foil (Buy : http://www.webstaurantstore.com/gold-aluminum-foil-potato-shell-250-box/682L5PG.html and http://www.webstaurantstore.com/9-x-10-75-gold-interfolded-foil-sheets-200-box/1229102G.html)
- Cubed & cooked pancetta/crumbled bacon/pepperoni
- Crème Fraiche/greek yogurt/sour cream
- Crumbled fresh goat cheese/shredded cheddar cheese/grated parmesan cheese
- Roasted baby veggies
- Ranch dressing
- Green scallions and chives
- Fresh herbs
- Whipped butter
Using a vegetable brush, scrub each potato to remove dirt (don’t use soap, just water). Allow to air dry. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees, pierce each potato several times with fork and coat liberally with oil. Season with salt & pepper and place potatoes directly on oven rack and cook for 45-60 minutes (cooking time depends on size of potato). Wrap in gold foil, arrange on platter and serve with toppings. Serve each individual topping in fancy serving dishes/glasses.