Glamping Tablescape from Poppytalk for Target!
Glamping, a fusion of glamor and camping, is a trend that has really caught on fire this year. It’s the perfect way for divas to delve into camping. Glamping as defined by Glamping.com is for those that want to experience the great outdoors without sacrificing luxury. There’s no tent to pitch, no sleeping bag to unroll, and no fire to build. If you want to give it a try this summer Glamping.com has assembled the finest glamping destinations in the USA and Canada here>
But if planning an entire vacation around this trend is too much, simply try hosting a Backyard Glamping Party! The Poppytalk for Target collection is the perfect way to get started. The collection was created by Jan Halvarson and Earl Einarson, co-founders of the Vancouver blog. They were inspired by the great outdoors to created party-ready items like floral napkin caddies, cake stands, place settings and a checkerboard game set made for fireside fun.
The duo shared 13 Reasons why the party collection (in stores now!) finally solves the glamping vs. camping debate on Target’s A Bullseye View. We’re pleased to be able to share them here too – Enjoy!
By Jan Halvarson and Earl Einarson, co-founders of the Vancouver blog.
When it comes to hosting parties in the outdoors, we’d rather glamp than camp…it’s so much more, well, glamorous. Not convinced yet? Here’s are a few more reasons why glamping will always win in our book, and how Poppytalk for Target will turn your next trip into an incredible glamping event!
1. Plastic cups just can’t compete with floral thermoses. Elevate the ambience with adorable thermoses – you can even label them so guests may keep track and take them home as party favors!
2. Why sleep on the ground when you can have a cushy mattress pad? Or better yet, a hammock or a deluxe tent with foldaway beds? All the comforts of the indoors with the beauty of the outdoors above you.
3. Chic picnic plates replace boring paper ones. When it comes to holding up under the pressure, some paper plates just can’t cut it. Those delectable BBQ bites deserve a plate that can carry them all (with grace).
4. Where will you put your cupcakes? When glamping, you can have your cupcakes and eat ‘em too, thanks to chic cake stands.
5. Stumps become stylish when decorated with a plush throw. Stories by the campfire can last longer with a warm (and fashionable) blanket.
6. More fun and games. Bring an adorable fabric checkers set for an al fresco game night. If the kids are along for the trip, swap out the playing pieces with colorful candy!
7. Lawn chairs aren’t as cute as colorful camp stools. Plus, you can quickly fold these stools up and change locations at the drop of a kebab skewer.
8. Everything looks better by a fire’s glow. Grab this mini camping stove and inspire instant late night talks surrounded by a warm glow.
9. Enjoy only the best of nature. Sure, a tent can block out the elements, but it just isn’t as cute as this mod polka dot canopy.
10. Instant mood lighting. Mini white lanterns hung around the perimeter of your glampsite create a rustic yet glamorous ambience.
11. Dress up your portable food with placemats. Set up your meals with placements for instant festivity and fun.
12. Tea lights beat flashlights any day. The batteries in your flashlight ran out? You’re out of luck in the wild! Flickering candle light instantly creates an unbeatable outdoor mood that adds that extra something to your campsite.
13. Gourmet food > bologna sandwiches. Instead of boring burgers, serve your patties up with decadent ingredients like focaccia buns, caramelized onions and homemade ketchup. Pack your luxe lunch in a wicker picnic basket for good measure.