Looking for Halloween Eats that will fill up little bellies before the trick-or-treating begins?
We have you covered. Try these two snack ideas that feel festive but have less sugar than traditional Halloween treats (with a night of candy ahead, there will be plenty of time for sweets.) Below are two recipes that are simple to make and special to serve. They’ll look fun and inviting on your party table and will get gobbled up quickly by little monsters! Bonus: Parents will be so grateful to you for offering these frightfully delicious and satisfying snacks.
Popcorn Monster Mash Up
- 8 cups cheese-flavored popcorn
- 4 cups Rice Chex® cereal
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 cups salted pretzel sticks
- 2 cups candy corn
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Pour Rice Chex® cereal into large mixing bowl. Drizzle with melted butter and gently mix to coat cereal with butter.
- Mix in popcorn and pretzels and pour into large baking pan. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 – 20 minutes until thoroughly cooled.
- Mix in miniature marshmallows and candy corn.
- Spoon into 9 oz. plastic tumblers.
Cheesy Horned-Monster Macaroni
- 2 boxes Tri-Color Rotini pasta
- 8 tbsp. salted butter, cut into tablespoons
- 2 cups pasta water
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 Kraft String Mozzarella Cheese sticks, sliced
- 1 head of broccoli, washed and cut into bite-sized florets
- 2 cups carrots, washed and sliced into bite-sized sticks
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add broccoli and carrots and cook for 5 minutes until soft. Using a slotted spoon, remove vegetables from water to a bowl. Cover and set aside.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook according to box instructions. Drain and reserve 2 cups pasta water.
- Return pasta and vegetables to pot, stir in 1 cup hot pasta water followed by butter. Mix until butter is completely melted. If pasta seems a little dry, gradually add in a bit more pasta water.
- Mix in Kraft String Mozzarella Cheese.
- Ladle into clear plastic cups and sprinkle generously with Parmesan.
© 2014 Party Bluprints Inc., All Rights Reserved