Looking for a simple and special way to make some Halloween or October birthday fun? If so, you’re in luck, because we have a deliciously wicked treat for you to serve the kids and keep you #PartyReddi this Fall. It combines a healthy snack with a sweet, creamy topping and it’s super simple to make.
Disclosure: Party Bluprints Inc. has partnered with Reddi-Wip and Walmart to create simple and special treats for kids!
This fun treat pays homage to one of the most infamous witches of all time, the Wicked Witch of the East. We didn’t drop a house on her, but we upended her in a witch’s cauldron filled with a super shake. Then, to make this snack absolutely irresistible, we topped it with Original Reddi-wip and DIY ruby red slippers and stockings! If you remember, this is the scene in the “The Wizard of Oz” that kicks off a big munchkin celebration – “Ding Dong the Witch is Dead!” For more #PartyReddi Reddi-wip ideas go>
You can serve your own Cauldron Coolers at your child’s October birthday party, Halloween party or pre-Trick or Treating gathering. No one will ever suspect that there’s a healthy berry shake hiding inside these kiddie-size cauldrons. They’re the perfect size for kids to grab and go – and they’ll go fast since they’re topped with Reddi-wip, which looks like a cloud of smoke rising from the witches brew.
If you’re hosting this Halloween, be party practical and save time and money. We bought most of what we needed at our local Walmart Superstore, like the food, drinks, many of the party decorations and supplies, and we loaded up on candy for the trick-or-treaters. We love one-stop shopping and the great prices at Walmart – it can make hosting parties possible!
In fact, we’re happy to share a coupon for $1 OFF Reddi-wip at Walmart: you can print it here>
Make the ruby red slipper and stockings toppers days ahead, so all you have to do before the party is whip up the smoothies, pour into the cauldrons and stick in freezer. When ready to serve, insert toppers, and spritz with Reddi-wip (to create the spooky smoke off the witches brew). Then serve and watch the smiles magically appear!
(makes 6 servings)
- 1 ½ cups frozen mixed berries
- 1 ½ large banana
- 1 ½ cups nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 1/4 tsp. agave nectar (you can substitute 1/2 tsp. honey) – optional
- 6 plastic cauldrons, washed and dried
- 6 sets of Witchy Toppers (see below for DIY instructions)
- Reddi-wip Original Whipped Cream
- Add all ingredients to a blender, puree until smooth. If mixture is too thick, thin out to desired consistency by adding more liquid.
- Pour into individual kids serving size cauldrons. Place on tray and keep frozen in freezer. When ready to serve, arrange on table and insert toppers and spritz with Reddi-wip.
- Serve with extra straws on the side so kids can stick a straw in, sip and go.
DIY Ruby Red Slipper and Stockings Topper
- 3 black and white striped straws
- 8” x 10” sheet red glitter paper
- Trace red slippers on back of glitter paper – remember to do 6 left and 6 right shoes. Cut out and set aside.
- Cut straws in half. Make a ¼” cut into both sides of top of straw and slip the ruby red slipper into the top.
- Stand in a cloud of Reddi-Wip