Cobweb Cupcakes Recipe and Image from Nestle: Very Best Baking.com
These cupcakes are spooky and delicious. They are easy to bake, yet look like lots of work! If you are making these for a Halloween Party and are concerned about nut allergies, you can leave out the candy in the batter and swap the Goobers for Whoppers (always check the ingredients on the back for yourself!) .
- 1 pkg. (18.25 oz.) devil’s food or yellow cake mix
- 2 (2.1 oz. each) NESTLÉ BUTTERFINGER Candy Bar, chopped
- 1 container (16 oz.) prepared vanilla frosting
- 1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 small tube white decorator icing or gel
- 1 pkg. (1.38 oz.) NESTLÉ GOOBERS Milk Chocolate-Covered Peanuts
- PREPARE cake mix batter according to package directions; add chopped Butterfinger to batter. Bake according to directions for 24 cupcakes. Cool completely. Frost cupcakes.
- PLACE morsels in small, heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds; knead. Microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut small corner from bag; squeeze to pipe concentric circles on top of frosting. Using wooden pick or tip of knife, pull tip through chocolate from center to last circle to create a cobweb effect.
- MAKE 2 dots using decorator icing on each of 24 Goobers to resemble spider eyes. Place in center of each cobweb.
- VARIATION: Substitute vanilla frosting with chocolate frosting. Substitute melted chocolate morsels with 2 small tubes white decorator icing or gel.