This Halloween don’t be afraid to try something new – like these party treats inspired by three evil witches. Each one will make the holiday sweeter.
1 – Stir up a Black Magic Martini for the grown-ups at your Halloween celebrations. We were inspired to create this witches “brew” by the dark witch and mistress of spells, Bellatrix Lestrange (Harry Potter).
Bellatrix’s Black Magic Martini
- Maraschino Cherries
- Vanilla Vodka
- Place cherry in bottom of martini glass.
- Add 2 oz. vanilla vodka
- Top with cola.
- Garnish with cherry skewered on a black striped straw.
Tip: Store vodka in freezer and cola in refrigerator so both are cold when mixing drink.
2 – Try our tempting recipe for the Evil Queen’s Poison Apple From Snow White – it makes a delicious Halloween treat. Great for all ages!
Poison Apple Halloween Treat!
- 8 red delicious apples
- 8 popsicle sticks
- 2 ups granulated sugar
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup red cinnamon candies
- Wash and dry apples, remove stems. Place on rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cover popsicle sticks in craft tape – run it down length of stick up and over the top and down the other side. Fold any excess over sides. Insert sticks ¼ of way into apple where stem was, make sure it is secure.
- In saucepan, add sugar, water and corn syrup – stir until thoroughly combined and heat on medium-high heat. Heat until mixture reaches 250 degrees and then add candies. Stir and continue heating until mixture reaches 300 degrees. (Use a candy thermometer to monitor heat.)
- Remove saucepan from heat, stir mixture until smooth. Slightly tilt pan while you insert apple and “roll it” until covered. Return to wax paper and allow to set. Continue this process until all apples are covered. Note: if you want to create a “warty” apple look, do not stir mixture – cover apples while mixture is still bubbly.
3 – We took the Wicked Witch of the East out from under the house and upended her in a healthy strawberry smoothie! The kids will love this snack. RECIPE>