all photo credits – Alexandra Mascali
Searching for the hottest look to decorate your home this holiday season? Well, we’ve got not only the look, but we’re sharing our notes on where to buy everything you’ll need along with step-by-step instructions on how to build it !
The Inspiration: The beauty of Alpine Sparkle lies in the simplicity inspired by nature – the combination of ice encrusted trees and glistening snow is sheer magic for and will transform your home for any holiday celebration.
GET THE LOOK
Below is our Materials/Resource List and Step-by-Step Instructions on how you can create this look by simply combining greens, mercury glass, metallic and white dinnerware for your holiday table (fyi: you can also carry the look over to your buffet table and mantle).
- Start with the foundation – we used a remnant of silver velour material (found this at our local fabric store for pennies/yard) to drape our table to give it a soft, luxurious feel, reminiscent of the sparkling fresh fallen snow. We layered it with an evergreen tablecloth to ground the color scheme – silver, white and green. Then, we ran a metallic runner down the middle of the table, infusing some sparkle just like the fresh fallen snow glistens as the light catches it.
- Build your focal point/centerpiece – create a collection of mercury glass trees to anchor the table and give it some height. For additional impact, we placed the sparkling silver pine cone tree atop a pedestal cake plate.
- Add natural elements to the base – a combination of roses and cedar fill mercury glass cache pots (4” and 6” – 2 of each) and are interspersed along the length of the table along with mercury glass votives and mercury glass candlestick holders which provide a spark of radiance as the light reflects off the mercury glass trees and surrounding landscape. We couldn’t resist adding a few of these Natural Star Alpine Sparkle Ornaments to dot the landscape.
- Add a special touch – the snow. We found this wonderful artificial snow at West Elm, it’s light and airy and subtly sparkling. Lightly dust your table with it!
- Add place settings – just like the pure driven snow, we used these gorgeous white plates from Villeroy & Boch’s new Urban Nature Dinnerware Collection to anchor each place setting. Complete the place settings by adding: white cloth napkins dressed up with silver beaded napkin rings, green glass goblets and silver utensils. Finally, we accessorized each place setting with a large vintage looking silver ornament as a favor for each guest.
- Mercury Glass Trees
- Mercury Glass Ornaments
- Beaded/Metallic Taper Candlesticks
- Pinecone Tree Centerpiece
- Green Glass Goblets
- Silver Velour Fabric Remnant
- Beaded Napkin Rings
- Metallic Thread Table Runner
- Artificial Snow – not currently available online, purchase in local store
- Etched Champagne Mercury Glass Cachepot
- Mercury Glass Votive Cups
- Mercury Glass Candlestick Holders – not currently available online, purchase in local store
Villeroy & Boch