The holidays can be a hectic time, but every busy lady deserves a night to stay in and relax with her favorite girlfriends, other women in the family, or friends from her neighborhood. This season we want to inspire you to share time with the ladies in your life. Elizabeth and I wanted to provide you with a unique way to do this and have created several tips and ideas below for a Ladies of London themed evening. Friends who sip together, stay together – we hope you enjoy our post and host one of your own this season.
WHAT TO SERVE:
Treat the ladies at your party to a delicious dessert and let them indulge in the goodness of toffee, cappuccino, chocolate, nuts and luscious ice cream. We created this English Toffee Microwave Mug Cake as the star of our Ladies Of London-Inspired Night In.
This recipe is over the top terrific and EASY to make, serve and eat while you cozy up with the ladies!
- 1 packet (2 Tbsp + 1 tsp)
- Hills Bros. English Toffee Cappuccino Drink Mix
- 4 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tbsp (1.5 oz) whole milk
- 3 Tbsp (1.5 oz) canola oil
- 2 scoops each of vanilla and chocolate ice cream
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup melted semi-sweet chocolate chips (you can substitute dark chocolate fudge sauce)
- Add dry ingredients (cappuccino mix, flour, sugar and cocoa) to mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients (egg, milk and oil) to bowl and stir just until mixed.
- Divide batter between two microwavable mugs.
- Microwave each mug for 60 seconds and allow to stand for at least 2 minutes.
- Top with ice cream, drizzle with chocolate, sprinkle with nuts and serve.
We paired a cup of hot Hill Bros. English Toffee Cappuccino with our dessert to complement it and bring out the English toffee flavor. It was the perfect choice for our Ladies of London evening. Make a large pot so your guests can help themselves. We decorated our pump pot for the party!
HOW TO DECORATE:
To get the look of a Ladies of London-Inspired Night In we used lots of red and back, plaid ribbon and fabric, as well as faux fur and jewels. This created a royal vibe and provided a perfect festive backdrop for holiday items like a small Christmas Tree and ornaments. The look is a hot trend this season and is a refreshing twist on the traditional red and green.
- Flowers are a must for any Ladies Night In, so we created this gorgeous arrangement fit for a Queen. We arranged 9 white roses in a 5” x 5” cylindrical vase wrapped in faux fur and tied with red plaid ribbon. To finish the look we added some crown jewels of our own (an embellished glass ornament). We loved this arrangement so much we are making it again for our Holiday table. A smart tip: look for these items at Walmart when you shop for the dessert and drink ingredients to save time and money!
- Make sure the ladies get cozy with comfortable seating to snuggle up in. Fur pillows and blankets create the right vibe and environment for long conversations and sharing with your best gal pals. The also set the right tone and make your guests feel like royals for the night.
- Ladies love to nosh while sharing secrets and telling stories, so create your own sweet spot with candy to enjoy. We selected black and red licorice to stay true to our theme for the evening. When you create your mini-candy bar make sure to include a flower or holiday ornament to make it festive and special.
Decorate a small Christmas Tree with vintage English-inspired ornaments, one for each guest, and add a dash of plaid by wrapping the top of your tree with the ribbon you used to wrap your floral arrangement. We selected ornaments that were true to our Ladies of London theme: black and white ball “Tis the season to be jolly”, top hat, stocking and a Noel sign. Gifting a small favor at the end of the night is a great way to remember the time you shared. Guests will hang their ornament on their tree year after year and warmly think of you. Plus, this idea pulls double duty as a festive way to decorate your party space.