For the “Little” Peeps Easter Table!
Here’s a simple yet special idea for your Easter celebration. Mason jars filled with an assortment of colorful Peep Bunnies and Chicks and Easter candy are the perfect pick for your “little peeps” Easter table centerpiece. When the party is over, they double as a family favor. Send each family home with a jar as their keepsake of a special day.
Note: depending on the size of your table, you can make your centerpiece as big or as long as you like. You can group the jars en masse in the middle of the table or run them the length of the table. Have some fun with this centerpiece and intersperse existing Easter decoration you already have on hand to add your own touch.
(Makes 3 jars)
- 3 mason jars
- 4 packages of assorted Peeps
- 1 large bag of jelly beans
- 2 bags of candy coated chocolate eggs
Note: Some of my “little peeps” have nut allergies, so I was careful when purchasing candy and only selected candies that had no nuts listed in ingredients or nut warnings on the labels.
- The idea is to “layer” the peeps around the perimeter of the jar filling the inside with small candies until it’s filled almost to the top. If you look carefully, you’ll see there’s a chick nesting on the very top of each mound of candy.
FYI: the Peep Bunnies were easier to layer than the chicks.
How-To: I took a strip of 4 bunnies and bent them into a circle to insert in the jar, easing them down to the bottom of the jar right up against the glass. Once they were in position, I inserted 2 more bunnies (leave them connected to each other, as they are easier to work with – you know how sticky Peeps can be) and put them in place to round out the bottom layer. Then, pour jelly beans into the middle of the jar until it is filled half-way. If you experience a problem having the Peep Bunnies stand upright against glass, use a knife to hold them in place while you pour in the jelly beans. Repeat the process again with bunnies or chicks (you can only fit 5 chicks/layer) and fill the jar almost to the top with candy coated chocolate eggs. Top with a Peeps Chick before screwing on lid.
Check out 7 more special ideas for celebrating this Spring from these amazing entertaining experts!
- Celebrations At Home | Spring Garden Tablescape
- Housewife Bliss – Easter Brunch for Chocolate Lovers
- Valley & Co. – Tabletop Elements for a Marvelous Easter Brunch
- Thoughtfully Simple – Simple Easter Brunch
- Party Bluprints – “Little Peeps” Easter Table Centerpiece
- Second City Soiree – Cocktails that say Spring
- Paper & Pigtails – Polka Dots & Pastels FREE Printables
- Skimbaco Lifestyle – European Easter Traditions Galore