Dr. Seuss’ Lorax makes a PERFECT PARTY theme for young children. It’s a simple party to host, just put out some delicious and healthy party snacks and pop in the DVD, it’s that easy !
(recipes and ideas below)
Not only has the movie made the story hot and the characters more beloved than ever, the Lorax is a perfect parable for fostering a more eco-freindly, green economy and way of life. The Lorax holds many lessons not only for kids, but adults as well, everyone will enjoy this fun celebration!
Serve MILK & COOKIES
(see below for cookie recipes and DIY milk carton instructions – fondant toppers from Pastry Chef Jodi at Etsy.com)
Add a ‘Make It Your Way‘ SNACK MIX with Bar–ba–loots, Humming Fish and Mini Marshmallows!
(orange Chinese food takeout boxes make the perfect container and your little guests can bring the left-overs home. You can decorate them with FREE printables atHP’s Creative Studio – use RecycledPaper)
Plus, HEALTHIER HOMEMADE BANANA MUFFINS,
and FRESH FRUIT LOLLIPOPS!
with strawberries, pineapple, watermelon and red and green grapes
Then sit back and ENJOY the SMILES!
Then POP in the LORAX MOVIE DVD and enjoy with the kids!
TRY to IMPART THE LESSONS OF THE LORAX on your party guests. Children are the hope for the future and are eager to be stewards of our planet, if you give them the chance!
Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax Trailer From Trailerpulse
RECIPES and DIY INSTRUCTIONS
Lorax Inspired Cookies
(1 dozen cookies)
- 1 dozen sugar cookies
- vanilla frosting
- 12 Lorax inspired fondant toppers
Make cookies using your favorite sugar cookie recipe. When thoroughly cooled, place a dollop of frosting on top of each cookie. Top with Lorax inspired fondant topper . It’s that easy!
Milk Carton Wrappers
Add a special touch to small guests’ beverages by simply decorating their drink boxes with their favorite character(s)
- 8 oz. single serving chocolate milk box (you can substitute juice box or regular milk)
- Color photocopy of the Lorax
- Clear packing tape
- Striped Paper Straws >
- Make a horizontal color photocopy of a picture of the Lorax, it must be at least the width and height of the drink box. Place photocopy face up and place carton over part of image you want shown on front of carton. Using height of carton as a template, draw a line from top of carton across length of page, repeat process across bottom of carton. Cut along lines to create your wrapper. Wrap around carton and secure with clear packaging tape. Cover wrapper with tape to avoid condensation from seeping through. Pair with colorful striped paper straws and serve.
(Yields 18-20 muffins)
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 ripe bananas
- 3 cups flour
- 1/8 cup wheat germ
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line cupcake tins with liners and set aside. Cream butter and sugar in mixer. Beat in eggs one at a time on medium speed. In separate bowl, mash bananas. Add salt, baking soda, vanilla and cinnamon (optional) to mashed bananas and mix. Pour banana mixture into mixer and mix on medium until fully incorporated. Add flour and wheat germ and mix on medium just until incorporated, don’t over mix. Fill muffin wells ¾ of the way. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Store in airtight container. If you want to make a few days ahead, allow to thoroughly cool and freeze in airtight container.
Fresh Fruit Lollipops
- Lollipop sticks
- Popsicle sticks
- Green and red grapes, rinsed and dried
- Pineapple, cubed
- Watermelon, cubed
- Strawberries, cleaned and hulled
- Create Grape Lollipops by inserting lollipop sticks into end of grapes. Create Assorted Fruit Lollipops inserting popsicle sticks into cubed fruit. So simple, so cute, so easy for the kids to eat!