Looking for a unique way to host the ladies for some holiday cheer this year? What better way to celebrate than with a wedding! Host a “Marry Me” Ladies’ Night Viewing Party and invite Lucy Liu to join you and your gal pals by featuring this Lifetime Original Movie, A 2-Night Event!
The movie is perfect for a girls only get-together and is a wonderful fairy-tale to lift your holiday spirits! Lucy Liu stars as Rae Ann Carter, a single aspiring-artist-turned-social-worker who always wanted a fairy-tale romance — to fall madly in love and live happily ever after. But when her two-year relationship falls apart, Rae unexpectedly falls for a new man, Luke (Steven Pasquale), who asks her to marry him after a few short dates. Just as everything seems to fall into place for Rae, her ex-boyfriend Adam (Bobby Cannavale) suddenly re-emerges into her life with a proposal of his own. Things get even further complicated when a third man (Enrique Murciano), smitten by Rae, enters the picture and asks for her hand in marriage, as well. With three men after her heart, who will be Rae’s Prince Charming? Use this link to watch the trailer.
Below is everything you need to know for how to host your own Ladies’ Night Viewing Party. We kept it simple and special – YOU CAN pull this off with ease and enjoy a great night with the girls!
The color theme for this “Marry Me” Viewing Party needs to be white on white, with a pop of red here and there for love. White linens and candles set the scene, while red berries and bows give the table a festive feel. It’s a simple and special look that’s easy to put together. Create a centerpiece that pulls double duty as favors with this clever ‘break-away’ floral arrangement. Gather 2 roses and a small bunch of red berries and tie them together with a pretty red bow. Create one bouquet for each of your guests. Then simple assemble them in a vase to create your centerpiece. Your table will look magnificent and when your guests are ready to leave, present them with their own bouquet, just like a bride – and a perfect favor for a ‘Marry Me’ movie night!
As a personal touch, when you invite the ladies, ask them to bring one of their favorite wedding pictures in a small frame (it can be one of their own or one of a family member) to help decorate the table. Don’t forget to create a cozy viewing area for after dinner. Make sure to have plenty of seating – add a few throw blankets for the girls to get comfortable.
A 2-night event deserves dinner, so invite the girls for a pre-movie meal. Have everyone watch the first night, and, then, host a dinner party the second night before the movie starts. Enjoy some girl time and make predictions about whom Rae Ann Carter will marry? When your guests arrive, serve a signature cocktail to kick off your movie night. We created the “MarryMeTini” especially for this party. Its “healthy” juice will turn your cocktail the color of a blushing bride and for fun we garnished it with 3 blueberries (our nod to “something blue” and one for each of Rae Ann’s fabulous fiancés). After drinks, invite the ladies to sit down for a delicious dinner featuring roast pork, rosemary potatoes, and a peppery arugula salad with pomegranate seeds, pine nuts and shaved Parmesan cheese. Then finish off your meal with cake, of course – a wedding always has a cake. We suggest red velvet cake, frosted with vanilla icing and decorated entirely with fluffy white coconut. After the meal, get ready for the movie and make sure to have some popcorn on hand, as no movie is complete without it! Then sit back and enjoy, as things get even more complicated in night 2.
Note: At each place setting continue the “Marry Me” theme and try your hand at these pretty napkin rings.
Partybluprints Tulle Wedding Bell Napkin Rings
Directions: For each place setting you’ll need the following materials:
- 1 white cloth napkin folded in a square
- 20” x 6” length of white tulle fabric
- 3 – 12 mm silver bells
- 7” silver elastic cord
String 3 bells on elastic cord, arrange side by side in middle of cord and tie with a double knot to secure placement – set aside. Take napkin, fold loosely in half, and tie with tulle fabric. After making one knot with tulle, insert bells by tying to center of tulle knot. Once secured in place, make final tie with tulle fabric. Display length-wise across plate. You may need to adjust ends of tulle fabric for just the right “flare”.
MarryMeTini Cocktail Recipe
- 3 oz vodka
- 1 oz Pom pomegranate/blueberry juice
- 3 blueberries
- Pour the vodka and juice into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously, cold is key here.
- Strain liquid into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Skewer 3 blueberries on a cocktail pick and lie over glass or insert in cocktail.
Pork Roast and Rosemary Potatoes
- 3 cloves garlic – chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 2 pounds boneless pork loin roast (you can use 2 – 1lb roasts)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- course salt and cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Create a paste with the garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Rub the meat with 1/2 of the paste and olive oil.
- Brown just the outside of the pork loin on a grill pan on high heat.
- Then rub the remaining mixture on pork loin and place in oven.
- Cook until the pork is no longer pink in the center, 160 degrees F on an instant read thermometer.
- Remove from oven and cover with foil, let it set for 10 minutes and then slice and plate, topping with some of the pan juices.
Roasted Rosemary Potatoes:
- 2 lb. new potatoes, scrubbed & quartered
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. snipped fresh rosemary or 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- course salt and cracked pepper to taste
In a bowl, coat potatoes with olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper. Then transfer the potatoes to a shallow baking pan and roast at 350 degrees until potatoes are browned and tender. You can test this by using the tip of a sharp knife or a fork.
- 1 bag of roquette or baby arugula
- 1 package of pomegranate seeds
- 1 container of pine nuts
- Parmesan cheese
- Wash and thoroughly dry the arugula.
- Toss with your favorite vinaigrette dressing.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and pine nuts.
- Shave large slices of Parmesan and top.
Red Velvet Coconut Cake:
- 1 red velvet box cake mix + ingredients listed on box for preparation (prepare according to box directions and bake in two 8” pans)
- 2 cans prepared white frosting
- 1 bag white coconut
- When cake is thoroughly cooled, assemble and frost cake.
- Before frosting “sets”, sprinkle coconut all over cake, coating completely. If the frosting “sets/hardens” the coconut will not stick – so work quickly.
- Optional: use a few red berries and a green leaf or two as a festive topper.