Don’t go mad this March trying to host family and friends for last minute fun. Make it happen and join in on the action with this game plan for a last minute pop-up viewing party.
Three weeks of tournament play provides dozens of opportunities to view and celebrate the games of the NCAA® Men’s Division I Basketball Tournament. To keep things simple and stress-free, I headed to Walgreens to scout out and test out a pop-up party. This game plan ended with a Big WIN and I want to share it with you!
My “PERFECT PICKS” shopping list from Walgreens made it possible to shop for, and host a party within 1 hour. Not only did it save me tons of time, I SCORED EXTRA POINTS with Hershey’s Candy and Coke Zero – saving me money too! Learn more at
Here’s my shopping list: The shop took 20 minutes at my local Walgreens.
- Frozen Pizza*
- Frozen Chicken Strips*
- Coke Zero
- Cheese Balls
- Reese’s Mini and Large Peanut Butter Cups
- Reese’s Pieces
- Ice Cream
- Disposable Cups
- Disposable Plates
- Paper Napkins
- Basketball (for fun during game breaks and half-time)
* I picked frozen pizza and chicken that had the same cooking temperature to save time.
The food I picked up at Walgreens was filling for the guys, friendly for kids and easy for me to prepare.
Here’s the menu: Preparing and cooking the food took 40 minutes.
MENU HOW TO’s
Snack Madness Bar:
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream (softened)
- 4- 6 oz. Coke Zero (amount depends on size of glass)
- Place scoop of vanilla ice cream in the bottom of a tall glass.
- Slowly pour 1/2 can of Coca-Cola over the top of the ice cream.
- Insert a straw and enjoy!
Disclosure: This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. All opinions are my own.