Disclosure: Party Bluprints Inc. received free product and an invitation to this event. The opinions expressed in this post are strictly our own.
As bloggers, Elizabeth and I get treated to some very special events. The Godiva Spirits Mother’s Day Celebration was definitely one of them. The decadent luncheon for bloggers (who happen to be Moms too) was held at NYC hot spot, A Voce Columbus. Executive Chef, Missy Robbins presented elegant appetizers and a 3-course lunch, featuring her mother’s signature dishes. Chef paired each course with a Godiva cocktail as a special way to pay tribute and toast to Motherhood. I’m so happy to be able to share these four featured cocktails with you. Any one of these cocktails would be perfect for your Mother’s Day celebration. Pick one that will complement the time of day you’re hosting and the meal you’re serving. The recipes are below, as are some fun pictures from the luncheon. I have included my notes along with each recipe to help you decide. CHEERS to MOM!
I found this cocktail light, refreshing and the foam made it feel fun and celebratory. It would be perfect on a breakfast tray for Mom or at a brunch.
- 1 1/2 ounce Godiva Chocolate Raspberry Vodka
- 3/4 ounce Lillet Blanc
- 3/4 fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce egg whites
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- Lemon twist for garnish
- Combine Godiva Chocolate Raspberry Vodka, Lillet Blanc, fresh lemon juice, egg whites and simple syrup into a cocktail shaker without ice. Shake for 15 seconds to aerate the egg whites.
- Add ice. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds until a nice froth appears.
- Strain contents into a champagne flute.
- Garnish with lemon twist.
Ideal Serving Glass: Champagne Flute Yield: 1 drink
This was Elizabeth’s favorite of the four and I have to say mine too. The layering of flavors was fabulous and the floating ranunculus flowers turned this cocktail into art. If you’re paying attention while sipping, you’ll catch a hint of something special – dark chocolate covered orange!
Les Femmes Coupe
- 1/2 ounce Godiva Chocolate Raspberry Vodka
- 1 1/2 ounces PIMM’S No. 1
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 2 droppers Bittercube Orange Bitters
- 1 dash Regans #6 Bitters
- Orange and lemon slices for garnish
- Combine Godiva Chocolate Raspberry Vodka, PIMM’S No. 1, lemon juice, simple syrup, Bittercube Orange Bitters and Regans #6 Bitters into cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well.
- Pour contents into a Collins Glass over ice.
- Garnish with orange and lemon slices.
Ideal Serving Glass: Collins Glass Yield: 1 drink
This cocktail was such a surprise. It was creamy and dreamy, like a grown-up version of a Creamsicle. It could easily replace dessert!
The Aromatic Allure
Created by Chicago Mixologist, Revae Schneider
- 1/3 ounce Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur
- 1 ounce gin
- 2/3 ounce Saffron Vanilla Syrup
- 2/3 ounce Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 droppers Cherry Bark Vanilla Bitters
- Combine Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur, gin, saffron vanilla syrup, fresh lemon juice and cherry bark vanilla bitters into a mixing glass and stir.
- Strain contents into a coupe glass.
Ideal Serving Glass: Coupe Glass Yield: 1 drink
Perfect for a fantastic finish and a very special way to serve your coffee.
Haute & Steamy
Created by New York City Mixologist, Beate Kiser
- 1 1/2 ounces Godiva Chocolate Vodka
- Coffee (amount as desired)
- 1 scoop Whipped Cream
- Caramel Sauce for Garnish
- Pour Godiva Chocolate Vodka into a snifter glass. Add in hot coffee as desired.
- Top with a scoop of fresh whipped cream.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over top for garnish.
Ideal Serving Glass: Port glass Yield: 1 Drink
To welcome guests, Godiva had a bar set to serve Les Femmes Coupe from a magnificent punch bowl with floating ranunculus. This was the perfect Mother’s Day touch and I will be replicating it for the Mother’s in my family.
The table was set with crisp white linens and pretty spring flowers. I love an all white table for featuring the real stars – the food and cocktails!
The 3 course lunch included: Parisian Breakfast and Misticanza, The Aromatic Allure and Brasato di Manzo and Haute & Steamy and Cannoli (with fresh buttermilk sorbet and figs – notice how the plate is brushed with a streak of chocolate.)
Godiva Coffee at the “After Dinner Drinks” Vignette – makes such a pretty party presentation! Godiva chocolate truffles and French Macarons deliciously decorated a 3-tiered serving tray.
. . . and the very best part of our Godiva Spirits Mother’s Day Celebration was being with each other! This is what Mom really wants, to be pampered and treated like a queen for the day.
For more information and recipes for Godiva Liqueurs and Godiva Chocolate Infused Vodka visit – www.drinkgodiva.com