Here’s a great way to add some extra fun to the weekend and stretch out summer a bit longer. Invite the neighbors over for a S’more Summer Party! This one’s really easy, you will only need to buy a few items: marshmallows, chocolate, graham crackers and skewers. Then add a few ghost stories and you’re on your way to a night the kids will remember well into fall. Keep it simple and special.
1 large marshmallow
1 graham cracker
1 (1.5 ounce) chocolate candy bar
Heat the marshmallow over an open flame until it begins to brown and melt.
Break the graham cracker in half. Sandwich the chocolate between the cracker and the hot marshmallow. Allow the marshmallow to cool a moment before eating.
For s’more great ways to make them, visit this page from Hershey: S’more Recipes
Below are some variations that the site suggests. In addition to the above ingredients add:
- Peanutty: Spread thin layer REESE’S Creamy or Crunchy Peanut Butter on graham crackers.
- Chocolate Banana : Place slices of banana on top of chocolate bar.
- Choco-Cherry: Cut two maraschino cherries into slices; place on top of chocolate bar.
- Choco-Berry: Place slices of strawberries on top of chocolate bar.
- Raspberry: Spread thin layer of seedless red raspberry preserves on graham cracker.