The Governors Ball, the most coveted Oscars® after-party invite, serves up Hollywood glam and is a foodies’ dream!
For the 19th year in a row, Wolfgang Puck, chef to the stars will produce a blockbuster menu for the Governors Ball. The celebrity chef, along with chef Matt Bencivenga, has created a menu featuring more than 50 imaginative dishes, from one-bite hors d’oeuvres to small-plate entrees that will be passed throughout the evening. This is a first for the Governors Ball, which is traditionally a sit down dinner. This year, Hollywood’s hottest will be free to mix and mingle all night long.
The menu, which includes such signature favorites as smoked salmon Oscars®, chicken pot pie with shaved black truffles, and mini Kobe burgers with aged cheddar and remoulade, will incorporate local produce and sustainable seafood. Modern presentations such as Japanese baby peach salad, steamed red snapper with Thai spice, and tuna Niçoise style with green olives, will add excitement, while diverse vegan dishes including kale salad with grilled artichoke and lemon vinaigrette, beluga lentils with cauliflower and baby vegetables, and farro with apple, beet and spiced walnut are a new focus. Elegant seasonal desserts, featuring ribbons of shaved ice cream and Concord grape, are inspired by the Ball décor.
We tracked down the entire menu for you – check it out below. Plus here’s the recipe for one item on the menu that you can serve at home! For more of Wolfgang Puck’s Oscar Recipes GO>
Mini Burgers with Cheddar Cheese and Remoulade
Recipe courtesy of Wolfgang Puck | Yield: 12 Mini Burgers
- 3/4 pound prime ground beef, such as Kobe-style
- Pinch of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 small slices of cheddar cheese
- 12 mini sesame brioche buns
- Remoulade (recipe below)
- Arugula leaves
- 6 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 3 cornichons, sliced
- Preheat grill or grill pan.
- Put the ground beef in a bowl and season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Mix together with your hands to combine.
- Take a small amount (about 2 tablespoons worth) of the ground beef and roll it in the palm of your hand like you are making meatballs. Flatten the top slightly and put the mini burger patties on a side plate.
- Drizzle the burgers with oil and season the tops with salt and pepper. Turn the burgers over and season the other side.
- Place the burgers on the hot grill. Cook for 3 minutes, then turn them over with tongs.
- Place slices of cheddar cheese on top of the burgers, allowing it to melt.
- While that’s cooking, put the buns on the grill. Let them toast slightly on both sides, about 2 minutes total time.
- To put the burgers together: Put the toasted buns on a platter. Top each with a small spoonful of Remoulade.
- Put the burger on top (cheese side up), followed by an arugula leaf, a slice of tomato and a slice of cornichon.
Remoulade | Yield: 1 cup
Combine 3/4 cup of store-bought or home made Thousand Island dressing with 2 tablespoons of bottled barbecue sauce and a little bit of diced red onion. Stir to combine.
All Credit : www.wolfgangpuckcatering.com
Here’s the Official Governors Ball Menu Menu created by Wolfgang Puck with Chef Matt Bencivenga.
Tray Passed Hors D’Oeuvres
- Spicy Tuna Tartare, Sesame Miso Cone, Pickled Ginger, Bonito Flakes
- Mini Kobe Burger, Aged Cheddar, Remoulade
- Vegetable Spring Rolls, Sweet & Spicy Dipping Sauce
- Smoked Salmon Oscars, Dill Crème Fraiche, Caviar
- Assorted Pizzas
(Vegan Pizza with Pesto and Grilled Vegetables)
- Caprese Cone, Basil Flowers (v)
- Shrimp Fritter, Spicy Coconut
- Steak Tartare, Parmesan Toast Sandwich
- Duck Wonton, Orange Mustard
- Kombu Chip, Edamame Guacamole (v)
- Smoked Salmon “Pizza” Cones
Sushi & Shellfish Station
- Truffle & Parmesan Grissini, Black Truffle Aioli Dip (v)
- Winter Fruit “Caprese” (v)
- Bacon Wrapped Dates
- Rosemary Spiced Nuts and Pineapple (v)
- Small Plates Cold
- Japanese Baby Peach Salad (v)
- Chinois Chicken Salad, Wontons, Chinese Mustard Dressing
- Kale Salad, Grilled Artichoke, Lemon Vinaigrette (v)
- Tuna Niçoise Style, Green Olives, Fennel and Caper-Anchovy Vinaigrette
- Farro, Apple, Beet, Spiced Walnut (v)
Small Plates Hot
- Chicken Pot Pie, Black Truffles
- Chestnut Tortellini, White Truffles (v)
- Snake River Farms New York Steak, Matsutake Mushrooms
- Baked Potato & Caviar
- Steamed Red Snapper, Thai Spice
- Truffle Macaroni and Cheese (v)
- Lobster with Black Bean Sauce
- Slow-Braised Lamb Shank “Shepherd’s Pie”
- Beluga Lentils, Cauliflower, Baby Vegetables (v)
- Cherry on Top
Chocolate Pudding, Cherries, Chocolate Crumble, Vanilla Cream
- Mango Crumble
Mango Brunois, Passion Mango Cream
- Bon Bons
Raspberry Lychee (v) and Milk Chocolate Marzipan
Ginger Meringue Dome, Cassis Sorbet, Yogurt Whip, Lavender Macaron Confetti, Blueberries
- Baked to Order Chocolate Souffle Cake with Shaved Espresso Ice (v)
- Concord Grape Macaroon
- Ribbons of Shaved Ice with Frozen Grapes (v)
- Chocolate Crème Brulee with Raspberries
Cookies, Candies, Chocolates and such…
- Pistachio and Marzipan Pave
- Everyone’s Oscar Favorite Peanut Butter Chocolate Pop Rock Pop (v)
- Violet Velvet Truffles
- Chocolate Shortbread
- The General Lee Cookie – Candied Walnut – Milk Chocolate Chip
- Yuzu-Lemon Bars
- Blueberry Financier Pops
(v) vegan or vegetarian dish