Peaches are one of summer’s treasured gifts. Here’s a great way to feature and enjoy them as part of a dinner party for friends or family.
Just follow the easy recipes below that incorporate some of Balducci’s treasures too! Then try giving your featured ingredient the starring role on your table, with this clever tablescape idea below.
image from OneWed.com>
GRILLED HONEY GINGER PORK CHOPS WITH PEACH SALSA
- Bone in pork chops – 4 ea
- Balducci’s Honey Ginger marinade – 1 cup
- Peaches, peeled and small diced – 2 cups (about 2 to 3 peaches)
- Red bell pepper, seeded and small diced – 1/2 cup
- Green onions, thinly sliced – 1/4 cup
- Red onion, minced – 2 tbsp
- Fresh lime juice – 1/4 cup
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Cilantro, washed and chopped – 2 tbsp
- Fresh ginger, peeled and minced – 1 tsp
- Jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced – 1 tsp
- Salt and Pepper – as needed
1. Place the pork chops in a sturdy plastic zip bag. Pour the marinade over the chops. Seal the bag well and place it in the refrigerator for at least an hour, preferably over night.
2. Make the salsa. Whisk together the lime juice and honey. Pour the dressing over all the ingredients and gently toss to coat. Season the salsa to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate the salsa until you are ready to serve the chops.
3. When ready to cook the chops, preheat the grill to high.
4. Remove the chops from the bag. Discard the bag and excess marinade. Season the chops well on all sides with salt and pepper.
5. Place the pork chops on the hot grill and cook for 5 minutes. The pork chops should release easily from the grill and be well marked. If this does not happen then continue to cook the chops on the original side until they release easily.
6. Flip the pork chops and continue to cook on the opposite side until internal temperature reaches 145f. This will take an additional 4 – 6 minutes depending on the thickness of the chop.
7. Remove the chops from the grill and let them rest at room temperature for a few minutes before serving.
8. When serving, top each chop with a generous scoop of the salsa.
GRILLED PEACHES WITH SWEET MINT MASCARPONE
- 6 yellow peaches
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 3/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 tbsp mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Balducci’s Hay Day Honey Bear
- 1 tsp Balducci’s Ground Cinnamon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pan spray as needed
- 12 whole mint leaves
1. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
2. Mix the mascarpone with the mint, honey, cinnamon and lemon zest. Set aside until ready to serve.
3. Slice the peaches in half and remove the pits. Brush the peaches with canola oil. Season lightly with salt and black pepper.
4. Spray the grill well with pan spray.
5. Place the peaches, flesh side down, on the grill. Grill for 3-4 minutes, until slightly marked and softened.
6. Remove the peaches from the grill and place on a platter. Fill the cavity of each peach with a tablespoon of the mascarpone mix. Garnish the top of each peach half with a mint leaf. Serve immediately.
Balducci‘s generously shared the recipes above with us.