“Yes, but wait till you taste one, dearie. Like to try one, hmm? Go on. Go on, have a bite” – The Evil Queen in Snow White
We created these delicious treats as a fun way to enjoy Halloween. Decorate the dessert table with these Candied Poison Apples and pay tribute to an iconic wicked witch: The Evil Queen from Snow White. These scrumptiouswill tempt your guests as much as they did Snow White. However, smiles are our goal, not sleep
Poison Apple Halloween Treat!
- 8 red delicious apples
- 8 popsicle sticks
- 2 ups granulated sugar
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup red cinnamon candies
- Wash and dry apples, remove stems. Place on rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cover popsicle sticks in craft tape – run it down length of stick up and over the top and down the other side. Fold any excess over sides. Insert sticks ¼ of way into apple where stem was, make sure it is secure.
- In saucepan, add sugar, water and corn syrup – stir until thoroughly combined and heat on medium-high heat. Heat until mixture reaches 250 degrees and then add candies. Stir and continue heating until mixture reaches 300 degrees. (Use a candy thermometer to monitor heat.)
- Remove saucepan from heat, stir mixture until smooth. Slightly tilt pan while you insert apple and “roll it” until covered. Return to wax paper and allow to set. Continue this process until all apples are covered. Note: if you want to create a “warty” apple look, do not stir mixture – cover apples while mixture is still bubbly.