We are going to try out something new here at the Partybluprints Blog. We teamed up with our friend, party planner to the stars and founder of The Party Goddess – Marley Majcher, to bring you the inside scoop on how your favorite stars host parties of their own. Marley’s parties have the coolest cocktails, hottest food and trendiest decor. Of course they have big budgets too and lots of staff, but with Marley’s help, and our tips, you can take a celeb-style bash and make it your own. Start with our simple take on a Winter White Dinner Party and add elements of Sofia’s party to step up your soiree. We put in links to some recipes we love to help you get started.
Marley’s latest client was Sofia Vergara, the sassy and stunning star of ABC’s hit “Modern Family”. She has a lot to celebrate, like her show’s Emmy for “Outstanding Comedy Series” or her featured role in this week’s number one movie – the star-studded Gary Marshall film “New Years Eve”. On Friday (12/9/11), however, she hosted an intimate affair that was all about bringing together her friends and family for one featured guest, the birthday boy and her longtime manager Luis Miguel.
Marley through the her company, The Party Goddess!, Inc., created the perfect private birthday affair combining holiday charm, cool elegance, and sumptuous dining celebrations for Vergara’s guests. Using gold and white with a touch of sparkle and panache, Majcher enchanted guests by using legions of votive candles, crystal snowflakes, and Christmas balls for that fairytale holiday touch.
Attendees – including Vergara’s boyfriend Nick Loeb, who recently declined to seek the GOP US Senate seat in Florida this election, were greeted by a breathtaking Vergara in a slim, formfitting black evening gown. The group was romanced by a mouthwatering menu of chicken empanada appetizers, pistachio encrusted sea bass with chardonnay sauce or filet mignon with Cabernet sauce and crispy shallots as entrees, and, of course, the piece de resistance, the red velvet birthday cake.
PASSED HORS D’OEUVRES
- tuna tartar – on jasmine rice cake
- chicken empanada – with olives and poblano chili (Partybluprints Pick: Paula Dean recipe>)
STATIONARY HORS D’OEVRES
- bruschetta bar – our favorite bruschettas; forest mushroom, artichoke, roasted peppers, white bean, classic, tomato with crostinis
- filet mignon – pre-sliced with cabernet sauce and crispy shallots
- roasted chicken – pre-sliced with artichoke hearts and oregano (Partybluprints Pick: Rachael Ray recipe>)
- pistachio encrusted sea bass – with chardonnay sauce
- smashed potatoes – creamed with buttermilk (Partybluprints Pick: the pioneer woman recipe>)
- asparagus risotto – with a touch of lemon (Partybluprints Pick: epicurious recipe>)
- grilled market vegetables
- caesar salad
- birthday cake – red velvet (Partybluprints Pick: Sara Moulten recipe>)
About Marley Majcher – “The Party Goddess!”
Marley Majcher is CEO of “The Party Goddess!” a nationally acclaimed full service event planning and catering company. From understated elegance to rock star fabulous, Majcher is known for creating the most talked about parties of the year. Some of her celebrity clients include Britney Spears, Jennifer Love Hewitt and Ross McCall, Pierce Brosnan, Katherine Heigl, Snoop Dogg, Leona Lewis, Nick Lachey, Vanessa Minnillo, Kelly Rutherford, Ali Landry, Tisha Campbell and Cesar Millan (Dog Whisperer).
Marley Majcher is available for interviews to provide more details about this and other Hollywood events as well as additional photos. Please contact Diane White at 918-770-3905 or Diane@DianeWhitePr.com