Disclosure: Party Bluprints Inc. has proudly partnered with J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines and the #YouKnowJLohr campaign to bring you these tips. The opinions within this post are expressly our own.
Host a sumher celebration and welcome guests to a day of pampering with a Spa Day Pool Party. Create a day all about her and relax, swim, sip and share time with the ladies you love. Below are our tips & ideas for serving up “me time” all afternoon. For more ideas on how to celebrate and share wine with those you love, join the conversation at #YouKnowJLohr or visit YouKnowJLohr.com.
Give the traditional spa day an instant facelift by moving it outside by the pool! Create an inviting and relaxing space infused with some personality and color – think not so serious spa day.
We couldn’t resist using the color pink as the primary pop of color against the beautiful blue water and sky and the summer green landscape – it’s simply a stunning trio. The pineapple motif incorporated throughout was a must – the Welcome Pineapple is a universal symbol of hospitality and luxury that dates back centuries, plus it adds a tropical vibe perfect for our party.
To set up your ladies only spa day pool party space, start with pink plush beach towels (you can also use plush bath sheets.) Chaise lounge chairs for each guest offer a spot to comfortably relax, sip, snack and soak up the sun. You can also set up a luxurious watering hole by lining a sofa with more plush pink towels, colorful pillows, citrus infused water and Chardonnay! Don’t forget the water – it’s important to keep the girls hydrated during the day.
An ice bucket filled with 2014 J. Lohr Estates Riverstone Chardonnay is a light and refreshing way to imbibe poolside. Serve the wine in acrylic stemless wine glasses and include fun wine glass markers so that everyone can keep track of their own glass.
These pineapple sunglasses add a touch of playfulness to the vibe, letting the ladies know it’s time to relax and have some fun.
Who doesn’t love a swim-up wine bar? Colorful pineapple wine glass markers allow your guests to reclaim their glass when it’s time to retire to the lounge chairs for some R&R.
- Pineapple Berry Smoothie Boats – kickoff your Spa Day Pool Party with a healthy and refreshing dish that sets the tone for the day.
- Shrimp Ceviche Salad with 2014 J. Lohr Estates Riverstone Chardonnay – after some swimming and lounging, serve the ladies a delicious salad.
Pineapple Berry Smoothie Boat
Chock full of fresh fruit and yogurt and topped with granola and chia seeds, this dish makes for a perfect Spa Day meal.
- 1 pineapple
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 banana
- 1 cup mixed berries
- chia seeds
*Optional: if your smoothie is too thick, add a little pineapple juice or orange juice
- Make your pineapple boats: Lay your pineapple on its side and slice it in half from bottom to top. Using a knife, make cuts along both sides of the core, being careful not to slice all the way through the bottom. Then cut around the perimeter of the pineapple, leaving a ¾” wall on your pineapple boat. Using a spoon, scoop out pineapple from center of your boat. Pour any pineapple juice from the boat into a glass and set aside.
- Add frozen fruit and yogurt to a blender, puree until smooth. If mixture is too thick, thin out to desired consistency by adding some juice.
- Pour smoothie into pineapple boat, arrange fresh fruit and top with granola and chia seeds.
6 Quick Tips
- Keep the menu light and fresh.
- Serve citrus-infused water to hydrate guests and a youthful Chardonnay like the 2014 Riverstone Chardonnay that boasts the flavors of nectarine, apple, citrus and honey.
- Create a relaxing space for the ladies with fun design elements.
- Incorporate a motif that says “Welcome” – the pineapple is the perfect pick for its meaning and its fun tropical vibe.
- Keep your color palette harmonious and happy, use a pop of bright pink to complement nature’s landscape.
- Music is a must – start with harmonious tunes then transition to happy pop songs that are fun for pool party time.
Prepare a spa day goodie bag for each of your guests so they can pamper themselves all day long. Of course, our picks were packed up in gift bags adorned with pineapples – a wonderful welcome gift to kickoff the day.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Lip protectant/sunscreen – keep the lips protected and pretty.
- Aerosol Spa Water – stay fresh and cool with a little spritz of spa water throughout the day.
- Nail polish – polish nails poolside in the color of the party.
- Hair accessory – keep the tresses off the face with a cool hot pink headband.
- Lollipops – fun to enjoy poolside, for a real sweet treat try dipping it in your Chardonnay!
- Mints – a little fresh mint is always a good thing.
About J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines
Founded four decades ago by Jerry Lohr, and still family-owned and operated today, J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines makes a full line of internationally recognized wines from its 3,700 acres of sustainably-farmed, estate vineyards in Paso Robles, Monterey County’s Arroyo Seco and Santa Lucia Highlands appellations, and St. Helena in the Napa Valley. Offering an expressive range of styles, J. Lohr produces four tiers of signature wines showcasing its estate grapes – J. Lohr Estates, J. Lohr Vineyard Series, J. Lohr Cuvée Series and J. Lohr Gesture.
Winemaker’s Comments: The 2014 Riverstone Chardonnay has a youthful, brassy yellow color of medium depth. The aromas are fresh and reminiscent of ripe nectarine, apple and strawberry combined with honey, grilled hazelnuts and toasty oak from the barrel fermentation and sur lie aging. The palate weight is plump and rich, with flavors echoing the aromas with a delicate balance of acidity, buttery length and sophisticated elegance. —Jeff Meier, winemaker
Wine List Description: A fresh, youthful and rich Chardonnay with flavors of nectarine, apple, citrus and honey.