I love this simple and special dessert idea for the Fourth of July. You will need some freezer space so make sure to allow for that ahead of time. Nothing beats ice cream on a hot day and this is a really cool way to serve it up in patriotic style. For more great recipes check out the Breyer’s Site>
Breyer’s Ice Cream Flag Cake
- 2 containers (1.5 qt. ea.) Breyers® All Natural Chocolate Ice Cream and/or Breyers® All Natural Vanilla Ice Cream, divided
- 4 cups assorted sliced fresh fruit
- 1 can (7 oz.) whipped cream or 2 cups thawed frozen whipped topping
- 50 fresh blueberries
- 2 pints raspberries or 1 quart strawberries, sliced
- Cut cartons from Breyers® All Natural Chocolate Ice Cream with scissors. Arrange Ice Cream on its side, then cut each lengthwise into 4 slices.
- Arrange 4 Ice Cream slices in 13 X 9-inch baking dish, pressing to form an even layer. Top with assorted fruit, then remaining 4 Ice Cream slices, pressing to form an even layer. Cover and freeze at least 2 hours or until ready to serve.
- Top with whipped cream, smoothing with spatula just before serving. Arrange berries in flag pattern, with blueberries in upper left corner and 7 raspberry “stripes”.
Cost per recipe*: $23.01.
Cost per serving*: $0.96.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.