Here’s a great way to add some extra fun to the weekend and have fun this summer. Invite the neighbors over for a S’more Summer Party! This one’s really easy, you will only need to buy a few items: marshmallows, chocolate, graham crackers and skewers. Then add a few ghost stories and you’re on your way to a night the kids will remember forever. Keep it simple and special.
- 1 large marshmallow
- 1 graham cracker
- 1 (1.5 ounce) Hershey’s chocolate candy bar
- Heat the marshmallow over an open flame until it begins to brown and melt.
- Break the graham cracker in half. Sandwich the chocolate between the cracker and the hot marshmallow. Allow the marshmallow to cool a moment before eating.
For s’more great ways to make them, visit this page from Hershey: S’more Recipes
Below are some variations that the site suggests. In addition to the above ingredients add:
- Peanutty: Spread thin layer REESE’S Creamy or Crunchy Peanut Butter on graham crackers.
- Chocolate Banana : Place slices of banana on top of chocolate bar.
- Choco-Cherry: Cut two maraschino cherries into slices; place on top of chocolate bar.
- Choco-Berry: Place slices of strawberries on top of chocolate bar.
- Raspberry: Spread thin layer of seedless red raspberry preserves on graham cracker.
. . . and here’s our friend Jeanne Benedict on the Today Show with more great ways to enjoy S’mores!