Photo Credits: Alexandra Mascali Disclosure: Party Bluprints has partnered with Mirassou Winery to bring unique and entertaining ideas to life.
The summer solstice is this weekend. June 21st is the longest day of the year and it’s the official first day of summer. To celebrate, please enjoy our tips for hosting a Sunset and Steak Dinner Party. We love sharing these awesome recipes paired with delicious Mirrasou Wine.
As summer kicks off and the sun sets late and high in the sky, take advantage and host an outdoor dinner party. Plan an alfresco dinner party to toast a gorgeous summer sunset. Here’s a chance to amp up your alfresco dining. Set a simple but special table complete with china, cloth napkins, wine glasses and fresh flowers. Make sure to host your party at sunset. This style party will be a nice change of pace for you and your guests. Although it still involves the barbecue, it has a late summer twist that will transport you and your guests to a relaxed state of mind under your own “Summer Sunset”.
It’s easy to build your own a “Sunset & Steaks” tablescape. Just start with the basics: sunflowers and the Mirassou wine bottles (note the sun on the label adds to the theme) serve as your centerpiece and accessories. Use placements made of a natural looking material to anchor each place setting. Festive plates accented with harvest gold napkins, the color of a late summer sun, give the table the right vibe. Have a few candles on hand for after the sunset and if it’s already cool at night where you are, offer guests a wrap or pashmina so you can keep the party outdoors.
Resources: Dishes, linens and placemats from World Market.
Our menu suggestions are quick and simple to prepare, but feel special and very satisfying. We were inspired to create a relaxed atmosphere that incorporated an “alfresco” spirit – a setting perfect for toasting the sunset. This classic “steak and red wine” menu features summer’s fresh produce (tomatoes and corn) to give it a fresh from the garden feel. The Grilled Steak is topped with fresh bruschetta and served with a healthy side of Garden Salad – a great pairing for the Mirassou Reds!
Our Sunset & Steaks Dinner Party Menu Featuring Mirassou Sunset Red and Pinot Noir.
Learn About Mirassou: The Mirassou family is America’s oldest winemaking family, crafting wines in California for over 160 years. With its beautiful sun on the label, Mirassou wines are a bright spot in the wine aisle, featuring nine varietals to fit any palate.
Please remember to drink and serve responsibly.
RECIPES – Serves 4
Grilled Steak with Bruschetta
- 8 oz. olive oil
- 2 oz. balsamic vinegar
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- 4 steaks (choose your favorite)
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 4 basil leaves, finely minced
- Prepare the marinade for your steak by combining olive oil, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, salt and pepper in a jar/airtight container. Once sealed, shake vigorously until all ingredients are thoroughly combined. Place steaks in a sealable plastic bag – depending on the size of your steaks you may need to use two bags. Pour marinade over steaks, seal bag and gently massage steaks tilting and turning bag until steaks are thoroughly covered with marinade. Place bag(s) on plate(s) and refrigerate until ready to grill. You can do this in the morning allowing steaks to marinate all day.
- Prepare bruschetta topping for your steak by combining all ingredients in a bowl. Gently stir, cover and allow to marinate. Again this step can be completed earlier in the day.
- When ready to grill, take the chill off your steaks by removing them from refrigerator while you preheat the grill on high. Grill steaks to desired wellness (tip: click on this link to reference a guide from Omaha Steaks on cooking times.) http://www.omahasteaks.com/servlet/OnlineShopping?Dsp=32&FID=recipe_cookchart.)
- Plate each steak top with bruschetta and serve.
©2015 Party Bluprints Inc., All Rights Reserved
Garden Salad with Summer Corn
- 1 cup blanched green beans, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 ears of corn on the cob, steamed with kernels sliced off
- 1 – 12 oz. package butter lettuce, washed
- ¼ cup of your favorite salad dressing
- fresh cracked pepper
- Combine lettuce, beans and corn in a large salad bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Lightly dress salad with a simple oil and vinegar dressing and season with salt and pepper (you can also use a light Italian dressing.)
The flavors in this garden salad are so fresh you don’t want to mask it with a heavy or overpowering dressing.
© 2015 Party Bluprints Inc., All Rights Reserved
Disclosure: Party Bluprints has partnered with Mirassou Winery to bring unique and entertaining ideas to life.