Thanksgiving is our favorite holiday of the year. In our opinion, it’s got all the best food with none of the stress and expense of the December Holidays. What we love most though, is that it’s simply about sharing a special meal, taking a timeout to enjoy each other, and giving thanks for all the blessings in our lives. As one of life’s greatest blessing, we should pay special attention to giving thanks for the loved ones in our lives. A perfect way to do this is to use pictures – whether they are the kind you take or the kind you make, they add a personal touch to the holidays. Here is a fun project that you can do with the kids for Thanksgiving this year. Show your ‘Attitude of Gratitude’ with a personal touch and create this ‘Thanks’ picture board.
Make a DIY Picture Board To Give Thanks: Decorate for Thanksgiving by displaying what you are most thankful for – it’s easy with this DIY craft.
- Cover a wooden board (the size of your liking) in scrapbook paper that you have around the house or purchase some in a color or pattern that makes you feel good.
- Use Mod Podge to glue down the paper and seal it.
- At the craft store purchase wooden or chipboard letters that spell out “THANKS” and attached these to the board with a hot glue gun or Weld Bond.
- Using 2 matching thumb tacks, attach each end of a pretty cord to either side of the board.
- Leave slack so that the cord hangs in an arch below the board.
- Clip on as many clothespins as the length of the cord will allow and hang your favorite pictures of family members and/or their artwork.