Wear Red Day is February 4th! Go Red For Women is the American Heart Association’s nationwide campaign to wipe out heart disease, the #1 killer of women. One in three women dies from cardiovascular disease—and that number is simply too high. The good news? There’s something we can do about it. It’s time to take charge and give your heart the love it deserves!
Two Ways to be Heart Smart
1. Check out the recipes at AmericanHeart.org
Here is one we love for the whole family on a cold February night!
Thirty-Minute Minestrone: Serves 6: 1 2/3 cups per serving
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups miniature peeled carrots
- 15-ounce can Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 14-ounce can peeled Italian plum tomatoes, cut up
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons low-sodium beef bouillon granules or 2 teaspoons regular beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 9-ounce package frozen no-salt-added Italian green beans
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1/2 cup elbow macaroni, alphabet macaroni, or broken spaghetti, uncooked
- 1/4 cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
Cooking InstructionsIn a large saucepan, combine water, carrots, beans, tomatoes, onion, bouillon granules, garlic, basil, oregano, and pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add green beans, zucchini, and pasta. Return to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes or until pasta is done. Spoon into bowls and sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese.
2. Shope, Save and Supprt! Use the promo code “WEARRED” for sale, clearance & select regular-priced purchases and get an EXTRA 10% OFF Click the image below to go>