Samantha Gerard, our resident millennium expert, shares her beauty routine for feeling confident, unique and beautiful before she steps out to celebrate this spring and summer. #RockYourLegs
I think I speak for everyone in the New York City (and the entire country for that matter!) when I say I am especially excited for the beginning of summer this year. It was a long and cold winter – one that seemed to drag out way longer than winters in the past. To welcome the warmer weather, I’m ready to say goodbye to my clunky boots and heavy coats and say hello to my sundresses and sandals!
There are a lot of things that come to mind when I think about the early months of summer: crowded beaches, bikini shopping, the smell of sunscreen, outdoor parties, fun vacations, floral sundresses, and bright pink toenails. The changing of the seasons also means a slight change in my day-to-day beauty routine.
In preparation for the fun festivities the summer is bound to bring, I’ve compiled a list of 10 things that I incorporate into my summer routine to make me feel my best- whether it is a wardrobe staple or a go-to beauty product, these are things I feel like can’t live without. I’ve learned that you never know when a last minute invitation to the beach, BBQ, or a pool party will pop up in your Facebook events… the spontaneous spirit that summer brings is something that makes the season so much fun; but it also means you always have to be ready for anything.
To follow along on my adventures in New York City and around the world, follow me on Instagram at @samanthagerard!
Top 10 Tips For A “Feel Your Best” Beauty Routine For Everyday and Summer Parties!
1. A Light Perfume: I am a firm believer that your personal scent should play off the season. In the winter, I love heavier, spicier scents. When it gets warmer, I make sure to invest in an airy floral scent. My favorite is Flower Bomb by Viktor&Rolf… I get compliments whenever I wear it!
2. Body Wash: Summer is tough on your skin so to keep it silky smooth, I love using a moisturizing body wash instead of harsh bar soaps. I love St. Ives Oatmeal & Shea Butter Body Wash, it smells great and keeps my skin looking great.
3. St. Ives Apricot Scrub: In the summer, my skin tends to get oily because of increased sunscreen use. I make sure to wash my face every morning and night with St. Ives Apricot Scrub, a product I’ve been using for years (it is all natural, paraban free, hypoallergenic, and dermatologist tested)! It smells AMAZING and I feel great knowing I’m doing good for my skin every day.
4. Coconut Oil: I comb this through my hair for about an hour after a day in the sun and it works wonders on dry ends. (Note: It can be hard to get out- you just have to shampoo a few times). You can find jars of this at your local heath foods store- I am a fan of the Trader Joe’s price!
5. A Comfy Summer Sundress: This is a no brainer. Every woman should have a go-to dress she feels relaxed and gorgeous in. I love to get at least one new sundress every spring or summer and I totally look forward to rocking my new look any chance I get.
6. Flash Tattoos: This new craze is one I have totally fallen for! To be honest, I feel super cool and confident when I’m wearing them. (Oh, and they’re fun to put on, too). I always put a few beach bag because they make for a fun beach activity with friends!
7. Schick Hydro Silk Trimstyle Razor: You’re at a friend’s place for the weekend and you realize you forgot a razor… we’ve all been there. Shaving should be a part of your everyday routine in the summer months. Personally, having smooth, silky legs makes me feel confident and wonderful in whatever I choose to wear. I also keep extra Schick razors at my beach house (for friends that may have forgotten them).
8. Pretty Pink Polish: Sandal season means pedicure season. If you travel a lot in the summer like me, I like to bring in my own polish to the nail salon. That way, if it chips you’ll already own the color and you can make your own touch-ups! I love bright pink polishes- “That’s Berry Darling” by OPI.
9. A Cute Sunhat: A hat can elevate an outfit in more ways than one. I try to keep one in my car or bag (if it fits), so I can throw it on with jean shorts and a white tee to go from drab to fab in an instant. It’s also comforting to know that I’m protecting my face from the sun, something we all should think more about on a daily basis.
10. A Summery-Scented Shaving Cream: I am a huge believer in always using shaving cream. I think it makes all the difference in smooth, bump-free legs and underarms. Skintimate Signature Scents Strawberry Moisturizing Tangerine Twist Shave Gel is currently my favorite… I think I have 5 cans in my cabinet!
If you visit an Ahold store: like Stop & Shop, Giant and Martin’s, make sure to keep an eye out for a special offer: Buy any Schick women’s razor, disposable or refill + St. Ives Skin care, get FREE St. Ives Body Wash!
Schick® and Skintimate® brands, partnering with Universal Studios are celebrating the different steps a woman takes each day to create a confident style as unique as the legs she stands on!ABOUT SAMANTHA GERARD: Sam is originally from the Jersey Shore, and has been living in Hoboken, NJ for the last few years. By day, she works in Social Media Marketing in New York City, and by night she loves trying new workout classes, restaurants, snd exploring all that the city has to offer! When not working, you can find Sam hanging at the beach with her family or traveling to a tropical destination (Tahiti is her favorite).
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Schick® & St. Ives® . The opinions and text are all mine.