Gifts.com, the Ultimate Resource for Expert Gift Ideas, Announces the Winners of the First Annual Giftee Awards
Information contained on this page is provided by companies via press release distributed through PR Newswire, an independent third-party content provider. PR Newswire, WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith.
Best Gifts of 2011 Chosen by Consumers Across the U.S.
NEW YORK, Nov. 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Gifts.com, the premier online gift recommendation site renowned for offering inspired gift suggestions and expert advice, announced today the winners of the 1st Giftee Awards honoring the very best gifts of the year. Winning gifts in this year’s 10 unique categories were nominated and ultimately decided on by public vote; tapping into the collective conscience of gift givers across the United States. The “Giftees” awards exceeded expectations with over 15,000 visits and 5000 votes.
The full list of 2011 Giftee Award Winners are:
- Best 2011 Time Capsule Gift – Adele 21 LP & MP3, British singer-songwriter Adele’s sophomore album is the best-selling digital album of all time.
- Best Gift Under $25 – Tasting Room Taste of… Wine Sampler, 6 tasting sized wine bottles of exceptional quality at shockingly affordable prices. Notes from the boutique wineries on flavor & the option to buy full sized bottles of your favorites, make this tasting experience just like being in a winery tasting room.
- Most Wacky Gift – Go the F**k to Sleep, a bedtime book for parents who live in the real world, where a few snoozing kitties and cutesy rhymes aren’t always how parents want to send a toddler sailing blissfully off to dreamland. Not recommended for reading to children.
- Best Edible Gift – 1 Cheese and 1 Sausage Lou Malnati’s Pizzas, Lou’s pizzas are made according to the family’s original five-decade-old Chicago deep dish pizza recipe. All pizzas are hand-made from scratch, baked and quickly frozen to preserve their hot out of the oven freshness and delivered nation-wide.
- Hottest Toy for Holiday – LEGO® MBA Kits 2-6 month Subscriptions, with the LEGO® Master Builder Academy subscriptions, kids will learn new building skills, face new challenges, and get a new kit delivered to their home every month.
- Best Gift for the Hostess – Corkcicle, this faux-icicle is made of BPA-free plastic filled with a reusable freeze gel and real cork, so you don’t have to worry about an early thaw diluting your wine. Simply place your Corkcicle in the freezer for at least two hours, and then insert it into any bottle of wine.
- Best Office Secret Santa Gift – USB Heated G-Gloves, USB G-Gloves are colorful, quirky and have a warming pad inside – the perfect solution to cold, dull offices in the winter. Plug them into your USB port and your hands will become toasty warm, and open-end design allows easy finger mobility.
- Best Gift for Modern Teens – iPad 2 With Wifi 16 GB, with two cameras, and tons of space, teens can have maximum creativity and fun with this touch screen tablet.
- Best Romantic Gift – 4 Day Western Caribbean Cruise from Miami, FL, a Carnival Imagination Cruise departing from Miami FL, with Ports of Call in Key West, FL and Cozumel, Mexico starts at $179 per person.
- Best Active & Healthy Gift – Your Bar Gift Box, includes a You Bar Gift Card for a box of 13 nutrition bars designed and named by You; and six fresh, handmade bars selected from a variety of proven delicious recipes.
In addition to consumer nomination and voting, finalists were selected by a team of highly qualified experts with years of experience in the retail, media and trend forecasting industries; including the Gifts.com “Gift Guru” team, and guest judges from Stylelist Home, Parents Magazine, The Nest, Evite, RetailMeNot’s “The Insider”, BUYSEASONS and Party Bluprints.
“We are proud to announce that the 1st Annual Giftee Awards were such a huge success, receiving 5 thousand votes from consumers across the country,” Said Dana Holmes, Editor in Chief of Gifts.com “This exceptional set of gifts represent some of the most sought after products this year; each recognized for making our lives more convenient, more chic, and most importantly, more interesting.”
“The Giftee Awards have identified inspired gift ideas in typically hard to shop for categories like Best Gifts Under $25; and brought pop culture into the mix with the Time Capsule Gifts category.”
Gifts.com, which receives over eight million unique users per month, is the #1 authority on gift giving and is respected for helping consumers become better, more organized gift-givers. Their interactive shopping services include the proprietary Personality Profiler quiz; which asks gift seekers to answer a few simple questions about who they’re shopping for and reveals gift ideas perfectly tailored to their unique personality mash-up.
Gifts.com, the #1 resource in gift giving, combines editorial sourcing with interactive tools including their personality-based gift finder to deliver the most relevant and unbiased gift options available; ranging from popular and trendy to unique and unexpected. For more information, visit http://www.gifts.com. Gifts.com was founded in 2005 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberty Media Corporation (NASDAQ: LINTA).
©2011 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.